chapter 30 | Praise

We both turn around and see him standing at the door frame. "Come in my office."

I move my eyes back towards her, wondering if something is going on, and she looks at me but heads up to him.

"Did I do something wrong?" she raises her chin up once she reaches him, but he smiles and affectionately pats her head. "No. Stop worrying," he takes her to his office, making me wonder whether this is for a review of her first day or something else.

20 minutes later...

Y/n finally coming back after a long time in Luca's office, I stop what I was doing and immediately focus on her, and I wait for her to be close to ask her. "What was it about?"

"About yesterday," she shoves a ball of chocolate in her mouth. "He said he's proud of me, that I did really good, and that he can't wait to keep working with me," she expresses a lot of joy, unable to keep it in. "He says that to you, who likes being praised," I mumble and raise my eyebrows, stating what ticks me off as she is toying with the shiny wrapping. "And what's that? Uh? Did he give you a treat because you were good?"

She dares chuckle but shakes her head. "I asked him if employees could eat the chocolate candies, and he told me it's supposed to be for customers but let me take one because he said I deserve it."

"Hm, you deserve it," I do not speak my mind but exhibit my jealousy through my body language, and she leans closer to me. "Stop doing that when I can't kiss you."

I refuse to agree and drop my hands on the counter I am leaning back on. "I can headbutt you though, so don't try me."

"Stop trying to headbutt me all the time," I look down at her and grin, but notice Luca coming back behind her, so I go back to washing the cups.

•••

12:05 pm.

Both waiting for Luca to come back with the food he ordered at the nearby restaurant, I stretch and enjoy my break with y/n outside. As she is watching some anime shorts on YouTube, I drop my arm around her neck and pull her close to press a kiss on her cheekbone.

I get her attention with this, and she gazes up at me. "If you're hungry, eat. Alright? Luca wouldn't want you to wait for him."

"I'm fine, I want us three to eat at the same time," she leaves her phone in her pocket and gives me a quick peck. I smile and ask for another one, and I put my hand under her chin to lift it up and kiss her. "I didn't tell you, but I'm proud of you. You're doing so good."

"You think so?" she smiles, loving it for sure, and I nod. "Yeah. You're obedient and attentive, you learn fast, so I'm very proud."

"I'm happy then," she shows some fluster, and I smile but look up when I hear Luca's voice. "You aren't eating?" he comes up to us with a plastic bag filled with food. "We waited for you."

"You didn't have to," he takes his food out, so I move back from y/n, and we all go back inside where it feels more fresh.

20 minutes later...

Luca sucking a lollipop to not smoke after his meal, I wait for him to show me the picture he talked about, and once he finds it, he pulls the candy out to speak. "There," he turns his screen towards me, and I see the car he mentioned. "I'd like to buy that one, but I don't know."

"It looks so sick," I zoom in on the wheels, finding it amazing. "If I was you, I'd—"

"Y/n?" a familiar voice gets my head to turn in an instant, not liking the sound of it. "Oh, Matt?" she pronounces his name with surprise but delight, and I cannot pay attention to Luca anymore.