Chapter 5 | Bickering

"Yeah, and I don't wanna hear you complain," I slide my empty hand in my the pocket of my pants, and she sighs but shows me something. "What do you think?"

I take a look at the bracelet with a small bear on it. "Girly, but cute. Why?" I raise my eyes up to hers, and she shows me another one. This time, this is pink, with a bunny, but the bracelet and design is the exact same. "Even more girly."

"So you find them both cute?" she holds them in each hands and makes me understand what this means. "Yeah, why?"

"Good," she smiles and walks away, totally ignoring the question I asked twice. I do not tell her anything but walk right behind her to go to the checkout. She pays for the bracelets, seeming much more joyful now.

I do not wait behind her but step out of the store since she is going to be done, and in a few seconds, she does the same but already takes the bracelets out. She removes the protection of the black one as I am watching, and she holds it near me, then her eyes meet mine.

"Are you really gonna make me wear this little girl's bracelet?" I chuckle and hide how soft this makes me, and she nods. "I know you have a cute and girly side."

I smile but shake my head to not agree, and I roll my sleeve up to lift my hand up to her. I pass it through the hole and when it is around my wrist, she tightens it so that it does not fall, and the happiness I can read upon her face weakens my heart. "There," she pulls my sleeve back down and gets her pink bracelet to match with me. "You didn't even see this, but look," she brings my attention to hers and grabs my wrist.

"They're magnetic, so whenever these two parts get close, they both make one," she enthusiastically connects two parts of a heart, but I pull my arm away. "That's cringe."

"It's cringe?" she asks me to repeat, and I smile at her to make it obvious I am not serious. "Yeah."

"Fine, then give it back to me, and I'll offer this to someone else," she does not take it as a joke, believing I was sincere. "No. It's mine noire, too late," I shove my hand back in my pocket to not let her reach it out, but she wraps her small and softer one around my wrist. "It's not yours anymore. You're way too mean, and I forgot about it."

I get myself free from her grip and hold her wrist. "Too late," I do not let go but bring us back to my car.

•••

6 pm.

Y/n still lying down on the sofa after suddenly getting her period, I lower the temperature of the induction plate and stir one last time in the pot, and I look for some pills I could give her.

I hate to see her in a state like that. I know that every month, she deals with horrible pain, nausea, migraines, and dizziness that makes her nearly faint, and I cannot stand it.

Knowing what pill could work the most efficiently for her, I get one out of the box and take a bottle of water out of the fridge. With both in my hand, I head towards her. I check up on her and put the bottle and pill down, and I sit next to her head. "Take the painkiller, it will help," I graze the side of her face with my fingers and brush her hair back. "The food will be cooked soon."

"I can't eat today," she moves a bit up to swallow the pill and goes back in her position. "Nothing? What about some plain bread? Or toasted bread?"

"I can't..." she closes her eyes, holding the heading pad, which I gave her, against her stomach. I do not bother by telling her this will not help, I keep quiet and let her peacefully relax. I rub the back of my fingers over her cheek, her jawline, and temple, then run them through her hair, and I do this again, and again.