Chapter 18 | Babygirl

I slowly step towards him, and once I reach him out, I bend over the bed and lay down next to him.

My first instinct is to check his breathing before doing anything. "Jungkook," I say his name in a soft and low voice and brush his hair away from his face, his skin exposing some excessive sweating, which could be a good sign that his temperature is lowering.

"My big baby," I rub my hand over his chest, holding back from kissing him, and his head slightly moves. He opens his sleepy eyes, and my lips turn up out of happiness. "Good morning."

He squints his eyes, which are obviously blinded by the mere rays of sunlight in the room, and takes a deep breath, and he looks for his mask on his nightstand to put it on before talking to me. "Good morning, baby," he speaks in a broken voice and pushes his blanket down to his hips. "How are you feeling?" I slide my hand down to his waist, and his long fingers skim over my forearm. "Well...not worse than yesterday, but still pretty bad."

"I warmed the pancakes up but cooked some new ones for you, and I cut some fruits, and I'll give you some hot milk with honey once you're at the table," I tell him what is waiting for him downstairs, and his smile cause some bags to form under his eyes and expose it. "Thank you. I wish I could kiss you."

"I wish too, but I'll wait," I do not insist or annoy him than he already is by his sickness, and I caress his skin with my thumb over his stomach. "Are you going to take a shower?"

"I really don't want to, but you're here, so yeah," he drifts his hand up to mine and covers it all with his palm, and he tenderly wraps his fingers around it. "It will make you feel better. We can take it together though, you won't have to do anything but stand there while I'm washing you."

"Hell no. If I wasn't sick, I'd have taken you in that shower with me right away, but not like this," he shakes his head and creates some unbearable curiosity inside of me. "Why? We can wear our mask and avoid the water from hitting our faces."

He listens and lets out a small husky laugh. "And you think I'm gonna be okay with standing right in front of you while you're touching me, rubbing your hands over me, both totally naked with water wetting our skins? If you're able to stay chill in that situation, you're a strong girl, but I'm not," he does not hide the explicit reason why he does not agree to that, and I regret not asking for it one week ago when he was fine. "Oh, I'm not, but does that mean you're a weak girl?"

"Yeah, I'm a very sensitive babygirl," he smiles, and I giggle, relieved to see him feel fine enough to joke. "Aw. Good to know I'm not the only one."

"You're worse, stop it," he passes his hand over his face and puts them both on the sheets to sit up. "What? No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Don't argue with your weakened and pained man," he groans and already rests his strained body on the headboard. "Stop pointing it out," I lean forward to put my arms around his hips and put my head on his lap. "Well, it's hard to not acknowledge it though," he pats my head, tangling his fingers in my hair. He gently grasps a handful of it and plays with it, and I push my head up to his abs, and he gives me more pets.

"I wish I was a cat, but like, yours, and no one else's," I do not fear to speak my mind and what just went through it, and a noise of mockery vibrates through his throat. "My cat? No, thanks. You'd be the most annoying cat on earth."

"Excuse me? I'd be the most loving and cuddly one you could ever have," I raise my head up to look at him, offended by his words that I cannot believe to be something he meant. "You'd meow nonstop to get my attention and ask for pets every five seconds, so no. I'd put you up for adoption after a day," he smiles, telling those words while continuously patting my head. "And you'd lick me all the time too, I know it."