Chapter 28 | Little Game

— Next day —

Wednesday, July 28th, 2021.

11:30 am.

After a longer night of sleep and a lazy morning routine, I leave the bedroom and walk down the stairs. My legs still feeling sore, I try my best not to keep thinking about last night and happily head towards Jungkook, who is cooking with no top on.

I wrap my arms around his waist and press a kiss on his back, and I rest my head on it. "I was supposed to serve you in bed, you're too early," he chuckles through his nose and turns around to wrap one arm around me, and he kisses my lips. "How are you?" he rubs my back, keeping an eye on the food. "I'm kinda exhausted, and my legs hurt..." I smile and see him do so.

"I'm sorry, I'll massage them after breakfast," he combs my hair with his fingers and turns the stove off. "Good. I feel much better already. What about you though?" I move back to leave him some space, and he grabs two dishes. "I'm feeling good."

"I'm happy then, and do you know what day we are?" I lay my hands down on the counter and stand on my tiptoes, and he peeks at me. "No, what is it?"

"It's been twenty days," I tell him, joyfully with pride. "Twenty days without smoking and drinking alcohol."

"For real? It's been that long?" he raises his eyebrows, surprised to know it. "Yes, and I'm really happy," I cannot hold back anymore and throw my arms around him. "You're gonna make it longer, right?"

"It's honestly the longest I've ever stayed away from them since I was fifteen, and I do miss it, but I'm able to not give in, so I'll try my best," he nods and seems more positive about it than before. "I can be your new addiction instead, you know. You said it last night...You're addicted, but it's a good kind."

"I said that?" he does not even remember what left his mouth, so I remind him of his own words. "You did. You said you're so addicted to me already."

"Well, pretend I never did. Addictions are never healthy anyway," he turns around and brings the dishes to the table, and I follow from very close. "This one would be good though...I'd love it, and no matter how much you want something, I'll always give it to you."

"Sure, baby. Sit down and eat now," he orders me to do, and we both sit at the table together, but today, I get right beside him.

Why does he not believe me?

"Since you want me to talk about something else, what about the job?" I put it forth for the second time to make one last attempt. He fills his mouth with the warm eggs he cooked and sets his eyes on me. "Is that really something you want to do?"

"Yes, I'll be much happier with you and Luca around. It will be more fun and enjoyable than any other job I could try to apply for," I tell him how I genuinely feel about it while filling my stomach up. "You know the cons of it, don't you?"

"I do," I confirm, disregarding what is irrelevant against the pros. "I don't want to tell you what to do or not do, so if that's really something you want to try, then go ahead. I'll be more relieved to have you around too."

"Really? You wouldn't mind?" I smile, excited about the thought of it happening. "I don't. I'm just worried about the way you'll handle customers, and how I'll react if they dare talk to you like shit."

"I'll handle it, don't worry. I'm a strong man," I joke and look at him, but notice a grin turn his lips up, and he makes eye contact. "That didn't seem or sound like it last night," he teases me, and I force myself to bite my inner cheek to not let my shyness show.