Chapter 20 | Vulnerable

He sent me six texts and called me twice. I am so scared.

< I'm pretty sure you've done well, don't be worried. I'll be proud of you no matter what ]

< what are doing now? Are you gonna study with Matt today too? ]

< you usually answer in a few minutes, is everything alright? ]

< baby? ]

< if I said or did something wrong tell me please but don't ignore. I wanna make sure you're safe ]

< y/n im begging you answer your phone pls I'm worried rn ]

I hurry to send a text before talking to Matthew. I messed up.

[ Jungkook I'm so sorry I was sleeping because I got my period and something happened at school, I didn't see your texts or calls I apologize, don't be mad please I didn't mean to >

"What did he send you?" I look at Matthew, my heart pounding into my chest as I cannot help but be worried about Jungkook. He must have had a panic attack, or he could be assuming some bad stuff if he knows I was with Matthew this whole time. "Look," he unlocks his phone and shows me the texts they both sent to each other.

< hey is y/n with you rn? ]

[ Hey, yes she is. Why? >

< She is? Then why tf is she not answering my texts or calls? ]

[ She's been sleeping for almost three hours because she got her period at school and she was in pain, but she's only at my house bcs I live five minutes from school and she had to get changed and get some pads so it was better for her. I didn't hear her phone ring sorry >

< tell her to check her phone ]

I heave a sigh and look at my phone again. I feel so bad, and I am so worried at the same time.

"I have to go to his house," I stand up and grab my pants but hear someone else open a door in the house, and I come across his brother. The one who betrayed Jungkook, so someone I do not want to be friends with.

"Hey," he talks to me, so I answer out of respect but head towards the front door. "Wait, do you want me to drive you there?" Matthew rises and follows me. "No, thank you, Matt. I'm sorry for sleeping for so long here—"

"No, don't apologize. My brother brought some pads by the way," he walks up to a plastic bag left on the coffee table and brings it to me. "Here, he also bought the cream you used earlier, I don't know if it helped."

"It did. Thank you," I take it but notice his brother looking at us from afar, so I turn around and put my shoes back on. "Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?" he keeps worrying, kindly, so I reassure him.

"Yes, thank you for what you did, Matt. That's really sweet of you. I'll see you next Monday," I tell him goodbye and head fast towards the bus stop, and I check my texts on the way but see that Jungkook has not answered me.

I know for sure he saw what I sent him, so I call him. I sit down at the bus stop since no one is here, but Jungkook does not answer.

The bus better be here soon.

'MATTHEW'S P.O.V'

"Are you really chasing after a girl that's taken?" my older brother cannot keep his mouth shut about it, but I send him packing. "It's none of your business," I walk back to the sofa and grab the empty bag of chips and the cream. "It's the girl who's with Jungkook, right?"