EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO CHANGE : PETExWAY [PART - IV]

Pete x Way
Fluff+Angst

~ Everything Is About To Change~

PART - IV

Pete didn't know what to do, as he sat at the table in his desolated room, looking at the assignments in his hand that he had made especially for little Lily. Pete sighed, the incidents of the previous evening still rumbling in his head. He knew there was something wrong with the family, but he didn't know what. Neither could he guess, noe could he ask them directly. That would be rude. But what else could he do? He had promised Way of tutoring his daughter and now he couldn't back off, could he?

Besides, he was still eager to know whatever was wrong with them....and to find out that thing.

Without contemplating much, he quickly got up, packed up the papers, picked up his bag and left.

Upon approaching the house, Pete felt a little uncomfortable, the incidents still playing in his head. Even though he had visited that place so many times, for some reason, today things were feeling a little out of place...as if something was wrong. Shaking off those feelings, Pete quickly opened the gate and stood in front of the door. He was about to press the bell when suddenly he discovered something.

The door was already open.

"That's odd," Pete muttered to himself, his forehead creasing, as he gently pushed the door and peeped inside. Surprisingly it was all quiet. The drawing room was dark and silent, the slight evening light making it way into the simple room through the curtains draped upon the windows. Pete slowly walked inside, feeling a little uncomfortable and not understanding anything.

Where's Way? Where's Lily?

Pete, not knowing what to do next, put his bag down on the floor and was about to call their names, when all of a sudden, he heard something. He stopped moving and listened carefully. It was a person's voice without any doubt and was coming from somewhere upstairs. Pete, without wasting a second, left everything and went for the stairs but as silently as possible. He was eager to know whatever was going on in that household, even though he knew he was intruding.

He lingered in the dark passage for a while, trying to figure out from where exactly the sound was coming. Soon, he found the location and walked towards it. His estimation had brought him in front of a door, which was left ajar. Pete didn't waste a single moment and he peeped through the gap in between, trying to get whatever was going on indoors.

He froze.

Way, the same way he had seen scolding his own daughter, the Way who had screamed boldly on his face to stay away from their family, was crouching on the floor at one corner of the room, his cry audible to him, whimpering in pain. His hands were wrapped around his knees and he was shivering all over. In front of him stood a burly man, not clearly visible in the blurred darkness. He was screaming at the lad, spitting rude words. At first, Pete was so shocked and confused that he remained silent, too bewildered to respond. But soon, it became impossible for him to hold himself back any longer.

"Your just a fucking waste," screamed the unknown man, pointing at Way on the ground, "You're wasting my time, Way...Now if you don't tell me...who that child is...RIGHT NOW...I will-"

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

Before the man could even lay his finger on the boy, Pete lunged at him from behind. He grabbed him by his collar and threw him on the other side of the room. The man went brutally crashing down, knocking off furnitures. Pete ran and caught hold of him by his shirt, facing him towards himself, his face burning in rage.