SEE YOU AGAIN

[This chapter isn't about couples. It's about Babe and Way.]
Angst

~ See You Again ~

Babe couldn't sleep.

The storm outside rumbled on, tumbling down on the city without any signs of stopping, as the winds savaged every tree and every building of the place, big or small. Big raindrops fell on the Earth in hundreds and thousands, creating an uproar of cats and dogs. The windows shook at each clap of thunder, the sharp lightning blazing the room with its light in occasions. It was past midnight and the storm showed no signs of subsiding, along with the gale that was sweeping down Babe's heart, not allowing him to rest.

Babe twisted and turned in his bed, clutching the sheets and gasping for breath. His hairs were damp and stuck to his forehead, as clammy perspirations cascaded down from every corner of his body. His eyes we're squeezed shut, yet he could see images so clear. He was mumbling incoherent words, his head swiping from side to side on his pillow, his head pounding in pain and heart beating faster and faster. Beside him lay his boyfriend Charlie, who was fast asleep and the velocity of the storm outside had already subsided Babe's mumbling, so even if he was awake, he might not have heard the boy beside him wriggling in pain.

Babe could see it so well...so so well. It was as if everything was in a slow motion...the bullet coming straight towards him...Charlie lunging on top of him in order to take the bullet but it didn't penetrate him...and then...a body standing right in front of his eyes...a human shield protecting him from the consecutive bullets meant to be showered upon him before collapsing on the cold hard floor...life ebbing away from his being...the white cotton shirt splashed in gruesome dark red...blood spurting out from the wounds in excess amount...no way to stop it...his face...his eyes...those expressions...those tears...those last words before an eternal goodbye...screams of agony and regret...chest tightening...screaming...crying...

Everything...every single thing came flooding back in his mind, as Babe twitched in an unexplainable pain, tears oozing out from his eyes. It was a dream...a captivating hallucination which he couldn't break out from even if he tried to...even if he tried his very best to escape it...he was just stuck in this cycle.

But suddenly...everything disappeared.

Babe's mind went blank for a moment, and he calmed down a bit, his breathing slowly back to normal, his heart thumping a little softly. Not before long, a new picture emerged in his mind...in his dream. Babe didn't know what it was about...what his dream was about, and through his mind's eye, he suddenly started seeing things clearer and clearer, diving into a story that had never happened in his life before.

[DREAM]

Babe was in his favorite racing car, driving it at top speed down the deserted racing track. He was in an elated mood, his mind free of any worry or problems. He was out chilling in that weather, sweet and solitary, when all of a sudden he saw another car beside his own. He was a little surprised.

As Babe looked out of the window, he saw the car and creased his eyebrows at it's familiarity. I've seen this car somewhere...but...where? On a closer look, he caught a glimpse of the driver, and, no sooner had he seen the driver, than he froze. The owner of the other car looked back at him, a small subtle smile on his lips and waved at him.

Babe was in a pure shock and before he could actually crash his car somewhere, he quickly pressed the breaks, bringing the car to an immediate hault with a violent jerk. He hurriedly came out of the car, his breath unsteady and mind unphased as he noticed the other car stop beside his one. He watched with utter horror in his eyes, as the driver came out too, looking nonchalant, standing on the racing ground and taking a deep breath in the cool fresh air of the familiar environment, the smile still lingering upon his lips as the place brought back so many memories to him. As his gaze finally landed on Babe, his expressions changed a bit, from subtle happiness to a brief ounce of worry. On the other hand, Babe was still shaking in horror.