chapter 51

He stayed where he was, breathing against my neck.
"Then why's your heart pounding like that?" He asked as his body got even closer to mine. "Tell me, y/n." He demanded. "Am I getting under your skin?" He whispered and touched my arm with his gloved hand.
I tried to respond, but all I could think about was how close Homelander was to me.
Without any kind of response, he pushed me further into the wall. "If I ask you something. You better answer." He said as he moved to look into my eyes.
I felt my cheeks burning as we stared into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I can't seem to focus." I finally managed to say somewhat understandable.

"Am I that distracting to you?" He said with a mischievous grin.

"Seems like it." I said, and I felt my cheeks burning up.

"You should work on that." Homelander said as his tongue darted out to lick his teeth. "Letting your guard down is deadly." He pushed himself off the wall behind me and moved further away.

Then I heard footsteps, and the door swung open.
"Ah. Here you are! I need you to come with me." Daid Ashley as she stormed over to me with a big frown on her worn face.

"Uhm..am I excused, Sir?" I asked, unsure.

Homelander shrugged and exhaled. "I suppose."

"Get going then!" Ashley yelled and ran off.
I hurried after her into the elevator.
"Glad to see you got him to his senses again." She sighed quietly. "I don't care what you have to do to keep him down. Just do it. Okay?"

I nodded mindlessly. 'Keep him down?' How is that my responsibility. Is that type of behavior typical for him? So many questions.
Ashley tugged at her hair and tapped on her ipad. As soon as the elevator doors opened, she ran into the hallway.
She seemed somewhat disoriented but found her way into another meeting room.
"Now let's get this over with!" She yelled as she ripped open the doors and ran inside.
I followed close behind her and found an abundance of people talking and staring.
I quietly sat down in one of the empty chairs and looked around.