chapter 29

While my little chat with the barista, my phone had buzzed numerous times, and now that I was in the elevator, I looked at the messages.
All were from Homelander, and they were all very vage.

"Answer me!" Was the last one.

I decided to head to his location first.
The meeting room.
I knocked but didn't hear a 'come in', so I waited. I heard him talk like he was having a conversation, but no one was answering.
When he paused for a moment, I knocked again.
He practically sprinted towards the door and flung it open.

"Y/N!" He said angrily.  "Did your phone die?" He asked but calmed down a little.

"No, sir." I answered.

"Then why didn't you answer my messages?" He asked.

"Because I was at the Shop down the street." I replied calmly.

"And they don't have wifi or anything like that?" He asked, and his eyebrows went up questioningly.

"They do, sir." I answered, and he huffed a laugh.

"So?" He asked, irritated.

"I was talking to the barista, I had to make sure he made the order correctly." I explained.

"Look. Y/n. I don't care about your love life. But you have a job to do." He huffed and finally got out of my face.

"Understood." I didn't think arguing would make any sense.

"Good. I wanted to speak with you." He said and turned around, taking a seat at the table.

I followed him while keeping my distance. I nodded and waited for him to start.
"You're spending an awful lot of time with deep." He said and clenched his jaw.

"We cleaned the tank." I replied shortly. "You are right. It took quite a while."

"The tank?" He asked.

"Yes, sir." I stated.

"Let me make this clear. You are not a personal cleaning lady. You are an assistant." He explained, annoyed.

"He insisted. Since he doesn't trust the cleaning personnel to handle his friends." I countered politley.

"His friends..." Homelander chuckled.
"More like friends with benefits, to him at least." He added and made a grimace.

I was too stunned to speak.
Without thinking, I mumbled "Fishfucker."
And homelander burst into laughter.

It took him a bit before he calmed down. He looked like he had tears in his eyes. "Oh, you get me. I was thinking the same thing and you said it. Ah. Great." He sighed with a small smile.