chapter 13

As soon as he left, my phone dinged.
It was a message from Starlight.
"Need assistance!"

"On my way."
I replied and quickly made my way to the elevator.

"Hey! Looks like you got the job." Said the deep when I entered the elevator.

"Yeah." I said with a smile.

"So where you off to?" He asked and inched closer to me.

"Starlight. She needs some assistance." I said plainly.

"Ah. Maybe I'll need your assistance later, too." He said with a dirty grin but playful tone.

I rolled my eyes at him, and he laughed. "Don't get too comfortable, I could get you fired, you know." He said and sounded a bit too familiar for my liking.

The elevator doors dinged, and I ran out. My heart was pounding, and I felt overwhelmed.
I knocked on Starlight's door, and she opened almost emidiatly.

"Are you okay??" She asked, concerned.

I stumbled in, and she closed the door.
I wheezed and tried to calm down.
"I ran." I huffed and stood up straight.

"I can tell." She said and handed me a glass of water.

"Thank you," I signed as there was no air to speak.

"You really take this seriously. Thank you." She said and smiled weak.

After taking a long sip, I nodded. "Yes."

"Okay. So now that you're breathing properly again... gosh, I feel terrible for making your run like that." She sighed.
"The marketing people are making me a new suit, and I hate it. I want to get someone else's opinion." She said and went into another room.

"Oh. Alright." I said and felt somewhat relieved

She came back with a very different suit in her hand. So much more adult like. A lot less fabric.
"Oh." It slipped from my mouth, and I pressed my lips together.

"Right?!" She exclaimed unhappily.

"It's...different." I said fishing for the right words.

"If I wear that, I look like a sexdoll. Someone's wet fantasy." She said, and we both shuddered.

"I'm afraid even with your current costume, that won't change." I sighed and walked over to her.

"There's no way I'll wear something that revealing!" She protested.

"Why don't we try to make some alterations then? I'm guessing marketing said this or nothing?" I asked, and she nodded.
"Then this is what we'll work with. I heard you're good at sewing?" I asked.

"Yeah. But I doubt I can come up with something PR approved." She said and shook her head.

"Don't worry. You only have to sew. I'm doing the designing." I said and looked around. "I forgot my ipad." I sighed and let my head fall.

Starlight laughed, and I headed back to retrieve my Ipad.