chapter 30

"Well, back to business." Homelander said when he had calmed down.
"I want you to make a decision, y/n." He said, and I looked at him quizzingly.
"Who's PA do you want to be. I have everyone's preferences, but I wanted to ask you first. Don't get this wrong. Your preference won't make a difference in the final outcome. I'm just curious." He explained.

"I think Starlight and deep have needed most of my assistance. But I also enjoyed assisting you, sir." I said truthfully, and he starred for a second.

"Glad to hear it." He said nonchalantly.  "Then you'll have no problem being assigned to me." He said and licked his teeth.

"Of course not." I said and smiled.

"Good. Then, I'll have the open status on your profile removed." He said and smiled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes.

"I do have a question, sir." I said, and we looked at each other intently.

"Shoot." He said, and a bit of an accent slipped through.

"Now that I am your PA. I'm no longer allowed to get tasks from the other members of the seven. Correct?" I asked, and he nodded. "And if you were to send to down the street to get you something, I would not ask the others if they needed anything?" I went on, and he smiled his false little smile.
"Nope." He seemed to love the sound of that word.

"Good. That would be all from my side. I'll adjust my notes and am waiting for your next request." I said and tapped away on my tablet.

"That's what I like to hear." He said and I started to leave but he stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"I don't mean to disturb you." I said but didn't move anyfurther away.

"Then go stand in a corner for all I care. But I haven't told you to leave." He said and I nodded.

"Understood, sir." I said and made my way to one of the corners.

Homelander worked on something and I leaned against a wall, making changes to my notes until he tapped his fingers against the table.