chapter 49

He took the vinyl out of its sleeve and carefully put it into the record player.
Soon enough, Tschaikowsky's serenade for string in c-mayor op 48. started playing.

"Such a unique piece." I sighed and smiled.

"True." Homelander said slowly, then he turned to face me. "Come here!" He said excitedly as he held his hand out.
I looked at him quizzingly, and he chuckled, "You know how to dance, don't you?" He asked and took a step toward me.

"Well. Not with a partner. Like, walz or anything!" I said hastily.

"Well. You'll figure it out. Come here!" He said with a toothy grin as he took a hold of my hand. "It's simple, really! Just follow my lead. One two three. No, no, no, look at me! Not your feet! One... two... three. Yes, just like that." He said happily as he swept into motion.
"You're dancing! Told you it's not rocket science." He teased, and we continued to walz through my apartment.
"Now comes the best part! I'm gonna twirl you." He exclaimed.

"Twirl me? How does that work?" I asked quickly, but it was too late he already let go of one of my hands.

"Just go with it." He laughed. I tried not to think about it too much but ended up blocking my own feet.
Before I could hit the floor, Homelander caught me in his arms.
"What a clumsy one you are y/n. Tripping over nothing." He said and grinned.

Suddenly, my alarm went off.
"Your meeting!" I exclaimed. "Should I accompany you, sir?" I followed up.

"Yes. Why not. You could take notes if anything important happens." He smiled, but it wasn't as warm as before.
I nodded, took my tablet, and followed him to the meeting room.

I returned to the corner I had previously stayed in and opened a new note tab.