chapter 37

I just stared at him, waiting for him to laugh or anything that would indicate this was a joke.
Nothing.

"Y/n?" He asked as his lips flattened. "You don't like that?"

"It's just surprising. I mean, I'm your assistant." I said, unsure.

"Well, yes. But it'd make you recognizable." He pouted.
It took me a second to sort my thoughts, but Homelander didn't wait for a response. He simply gave me one instead. "Whatever. They need your measurements. Get on with it."

"Yes, sir." Everyone around me said, I joined in a little quieter.
The people swarmed around me and shoved me in a corner to take my measurements.

"You'll need to undress." One of the guys said. And Homelander's head snapped over to look at us.

"What?" He asked. He sounded very irritated, and his eyes had a little bit of a red glow to them.

"We need the exact measurements. The costume needs to fit snugly... like yours, sir." Another guy tried to explain without tripping over his own words.

"All of you can leave. I'll do it myself." He finally spat into the room.

"But sir. We need the exact-." The woman who tried to speak was given a shoulder crushing pat on the shoulder.

"I think I can handle. Don't you?" He asked menacingly and looked down to her.

"Of course!" She said and fled the room, the rest of the team fleeing with her. All abandoning their work as fast as they could. As the door was pulled shut, Homelander looked back at me.
He smiled and walked closer. Somehow, it felt like I was prey, as his eyes darkened and his tongue darted out and licked his teeth.
"It's nice. Not so many eyes staring at you." He almost growled.

"Just yours." I breathed out almost inaudible. His pupil dilated, and I swear his heart rate slightly picked up its speed.