chapter 4

I quickly made my way out, but could hear the seven start talking again as soon as the doors closed. No matter how curious I was, I continued my way to the café.

The line was long, and I started to get a bit anxious. One of the barista must've seen that and asked if everything was okay.

"Oh, thank you. I'm good. I'm just a bit stressed." I said and laughed awkwardly.

"Oh geez, who isn't these days." He laughed and huffed with a smile. " 'Come on, I'll open the other slot for you." He said and walked to the second register.

"Thank you so much!" I whispered and gave him my order.

"Wow, you must be dying of dehydration." He joked.

"Ha! If I don't hurry, that would be the least of my concerns." I exclaimed and laughed. But he seemed a bit concerned.

I paid and awkwardly made my way back to the vought tower. It was rather stressful to try not to spill anything, which got me thinking about some adjustments... but that would have to wait.

I delivered all the drinks  starting with Maeve. I had a small chat with Starlight and thanked her for letting me get my own drink.

The last one was the deep. His apartment was dark blue and green. 
"Wow. This actually doesn't look half as tacky as I thought. Especially after seeing some of the others apartments." I said and handed him his drink.

"Thank you. Y/n, was it?" He asked with a half smile.

"Yes!" I said and smiled.

"Well. I really hope you get the job y/n. You seem to be getting stuff done relatively fast!" He smiled and took a sip from his drink.

"I hope so too." I chuckled and turned to leave, but he reached for my arm.

"Wait. Why not stay a bit?" He asked, and his smile grew wider.

"Because I have to work?" I said, confused.

"Do you? I mean, has anyone else given you a task yet? He asked. He still didn't let go of my arm.

"Not yet..." I said warily.

"Well, then there's no need for you to rush! Come here. I wanna show you something." He said and walked deeper into his apartment.

"I really don't know..." I said, but followed him anyways.