chapter 8

I got both the drinks and headed to the meeting room. I knocked and waited until I heard him say 'come in'. But he said it so quietly as if he didn't even want me to hear it.
Nevertheless, I entered.

"You're late." He scoffed. His back turned to me, hands folded behind his back as he looked out of the window.

"I didn't have any info on the way you prefer -" I started, but he cut me off.

"Do I look like I care?" He asked, holding his head high as he sneered in my direction.

"It won't happen again." I said, not answering his question.

He nodded lightly, and I placed the drinks in front of him on the table.

"Two? I didn't say you could get one yourself." He said pissed.

"One is hot." I said and pointed to the corresponding cup. "and one is boiling hot." Pointing at the other cup. "I didn't know which way you liked it better. So I got both." I explained, and I could see his eyes soften.

"That's actually very smart." He admitted and put the hot one to his lips. After taking a sip, he placed it down and picked up the other. He took the cup and sat down in his chair.
"But you know, I could've just boiled the normal hot to the right temperature." He sighed and took another sip.

"I didn't." I admitted and made a mental notice of that.

"Well. I like the boiling one better." He said with a smack of his lips. "Do with that information whatever you want." He said and gestured to the seat next to me. "Sit" He demanded.