CHAPTER 31

FAYE

I was in Tom's bed when I woke up. It took me a few seconds to remember when I came here and what happened. I had a panic attack and fainted where Seb was locked up. Tom must have carried me to bed.

Out of habit, I looked at the nightstand and saw that my phone was there. I checked the time, it was already late afternoon. While I lay here unconscious for hours, Seb was in that cold place, and in pain.

When I heard a sound from the wardrobe, I realized Tom was in the room. Did he really sleep next to me after everything?

I wanted to leave this house, this room, as soon as possible. But I couldn't leave Seb behind. Andy was my only hope, but he neither called nor texted me. How did I expect him to go against Tom anyway? He was probably involved in this mafia things too. I wondered if Carol knew. If she knew, she wouldn't accept this. Even I would, but Carol wouldn't.

I took off the duvet and rolled my eyes seeing that I was wearing Tom's T-shirt that I always wear. Was this suppose to be enough to take me back to the past and make me miss him?

Since I already wasted so much time, I had to talk to Tom as soon as possible to save Seb. I jumped out of bed and went to the dressing room. I burst into the room without even caring whether Tom was naked or not.

Luckily he wasn't. Even though I couldn't understand why, he was packing his clothes into suitcases. Was he going somewhere? While Seb was down there.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a harsh tone.

Tom wasn't looking at me, he was continuing to put the clothes he took off the hanger into his suitcase. "You probably don't remember, but," he said, putting down one of his shirts. "When you first came to this house, I invited you to Paris. I didn't get an answer from you, but I have to go." He looked at me out of the corner of his eye and turned back. "I don't think you'll agree now, after what happened."

He closed his suitcase and walked past me and out of the closet without looking at me. I ran after him and called out, "Tom, wait."

Tom stopped his steps but didn't turn to me. His shoulders were still upright, but his head was slightly bent forward. "He's fine," he said, taking a deep breath and before I could ask anything else. However, I wasn't going to ask that.

"Tom," I said and he turned to me. "When will you let us go?"

His hurt expression from before was gone and his eyebrows were furrowed. Even though he tried to remain expressionless, there was still a flash of anger on his face.

He closed the distance between us and stood at my feet. He was no more than twenty centimeters away from me. Flames started coming out of his eyes again. What did I do to make him angry now and not before?

He looked into my eyes with his piercing gaze. "Who said I would let him go?" he asked with a defiant expression. His eyes moved to my lips for a moment, then reached my eyes again. "I'm not keeping you here by force. You came here with your own will, and you're free to leave anytime you want. But not him."

While I was trying to digest his words, he stepped back and moved towards the door again. He looked back, looking at me up and down. "If you're going downstairs, wear something decent," he said. "The house isn't empty like you're used to."

When he didn't say anything else and left the room, I collapsed on the bed. I didn't know what to do. I had no idea how I would convince Tom. The more I struggled for Seb, the more I felt like I was making Tom angry and pushing him harder to hurt him.