CHAPTER 20

I needed to give this chapter a warning. This chapter contains (sexual)violence. Some of you might start dislike Tom but please don't hate me. Blame Alice (the owner of the plot) for his actions. I can't promise it will get better because especially in the first book, I know most of you will hate him. Sorry in advance. 

FAYE

Nineteen years. Nineteen years of emptiness and loneliness, of self-hatred that I could never be loved, and of losing faith that someone could be there for me under any circumstances.

It took me nineteen years to find the right person who made me happy like a little kid, who put me before himself, and who showed me the love I hadn't felt in years in a short time, and it took only one mistake for me to lose it.

The thought of losing Tom, of being without him again, terri-fied me. He shouldn't think I was cheating on him. I wouldn't be able to recover if he left me.

I didn't know when my tears started flowing. What was I most afraid of? Losing him or facing his anger with my hands tied?

My body was shaking and my heart was beating like it was go-ing to come out of my mouth.

Tom didn't make a sound. Even though it was only seconds after my phone shattered, I was dying for him to talk to me. I couldn't see him, but I felt the anger of his gaze in every corner of the room.

He was still silent. I couldn't let him get it wrong. I had to cor-rect it, explain it. Yesterday he said he could never lose me. He shouldn't have changed his mind now.

"Tom," I started, but my trembling voice couldn't continue. My tears were flowing independently of me, and the feeling of fullness in my throat prevented me from speaking.

"Tom, please listen," I said, trying again. When I heard Tom's approaching steps, my body tightened like an alarm for danger.

When Tom hit my hip with the whip in his hand, much harder than before, a slight scream escaped my mouth.

"How can you do this?" his presence behind me asked. His vio-ice was cold as ice. It's as if all human emotions have been drai-ned from him and replaced with anger.

I opened my mouth to explain to him when another hit interrup-ted me. My head fell forward as I gasped in pain.

"I didn't say you could talk," he said. "You don't talk until I say so!" Another hit followed his words. My skin was burning and I was starting to feel numb, but it wasn't Tom's hits that hurt me the most.

I didn't know if it was good or bad that I still couldn't see him. I was sure I didn't want to see the hatred and disappointment in his eyes, but not being able to see him made me feel more vul-nerable.

"I trusted you," he said and hit my ass again. Then again and again. Without waiting, a new hit was coming one after anot-her. Each one was harder than the previous one, and each time I was out of breath and it hurt more.

I didn't even know where in my hip I felt the pain anymore. I started crying. My arms were starting to hurt from being hang for minutes, but the only thing that could keep me standing was the leather handcuffs on my wrists.

Tom was hurting me, but knowing how strong he was, I also knew he wasn't hitting the hardest. Still it scared me. I didn't want to believe that he would use me like this, to take out his anger when I was helpless. The fact that he wanted to hurt me so much hurt me more than the pain in my body.

But I also knew I was wrong. I had given him every reason to be angry with me and not to trust me.

He pulled the whip from my body and grabbed my hair with one hand, pulling hard enough to make my head fall back. My eyes were closed tightly due to the pain in my scalp, and the moment they closed, more tears flowed.