CHAPTER 6

TOM

I went to the cafe to see her everyday for a week.

I was convinced that I liked her. I thought about her every day. I wanted to see her and when I couldn't I kept thinking about what she is doing.

She kept wondering about how I knew her shifts. I said I was just lucky. Truth was, I kind of stalked her for a week. And the end of it, I knew her shifts, I knew when her classes were. And she had no idea.

It was new for me. I have never liked a girl before. For thirty two years it was just sex for me. I never had a relationship. I never met a girl who I wanted to keep right next to me all the time.

I didn't want her to see me as a friend so I asked her out yesterday. I was going to take her in an hour. The thing was, I didn't know what to do on an actual date. I've never had a date with a girl I didn't think to ask her to my house for the night. I wanted to take things slow with Faye. She had to fall in love with me before she saw who I really was.

A part of me wanted her to see the worst side of me first, so that she could know who she fell for. But there was a big possibility that it could just scare her away. First she had to fall for me, so much for her to leave me when she knows the truth.

"You look great," Andy said to me. I wore one of my black suits today. I had a sense she was into suits and I wanted to wear one of my bests. "You look same and different at the same time. I think it's the love in the air."

I knew Andy had mixed feelings about this date. A part of him was happy for me, hopefull even. The other part of him was worried about Faye. Even if he never told me , I knew him well enough to know what he's thinking.

He was afraid that I would corrupt her. That I would hurt her eventually. To be honest, hurting her was inevitable. It wasn't going to be somethig I would do on purpose and no it wouldn't be physicall. But she was going to be ruined after she finds out what I am capable of.

I almost call of the date with this thought. Almost. Yet I was too selfish to save her from myself.

This week was hard for me. Stalking her the day time, getting some shit done on my Ipad while I wait for her to leave the house and calling a girl for the night.

I tried not to fuck another girl when all I can think about was her. But watching her afar, seeing every details she does when she thought no one was watching was so fucking hot somehow.

But since I asked her out, I had decided not to fuck another. I had to be a loyal man for her. It was the least I could do considering all the mess I was going to cause her.

"Do me a favour," Andy said. He was sitting on my bed as I checked myself on the mirror. For a second, I forgot he was here.

"What?" I asked him.

"Don't ruin this." His tone was serious. Of course he'd be serious. I was going to date with the girl he likes's best friend.

I didn't even know what kind of relationship they had at the moment but I knew Carol wanted to take things slow.

I've met her when I visited Faye on the cafe. She was like a sunshine, spreading joy anyone around her. In a way, she was the opposite of me. Always positive, always happy. But I've met enough damaged people to know that under her happy mask, there was a big suffer hiding.

I didn't know what it was nor that I cared. But I liked her. She was a good person and unlike Faye, she didn't make a mistake by going on a date with the wrong guy. Because Andy was everything I wasn't. He managed to save his soul in all of this. I never knew how he did it. After everything we've been through, after everything he've been through before even met me...