CHAPTER 1

FAYE

London was rainy again today. When I first moved here, this has been the most difficult thing for me to get used to. It had a cold, gloomy weather and after a while, either you gave in and fell into it's gloom, or you enjoy the occasional sun. I was still one of the few people who tried to enjoy it. I haven't gave in to London yet.

I loved my life here. I had a safe, comfy life that I always wanted. I had a routine here. I would get up early and go to school. I had to work almost everyday. When I didn't go to school or work, I would just lay on my bed all day or go to a party for Skye. I never had to leave my comfort zone and I was thankfull for that.

Carol and I were getting ready to go to work, this morning. We were going to be late because of me. Because, when Carol came in to wake me up, I acted like I was awake but then I went back to sleep. Our shift was about to begin in ten minutes and we were supposed to leave five minutes ago if we want to get there in time. The cafe wasn't too far but but we also had to walk as there was no bus passing right in front of it.

I was in the living room looking for my keys. Carol's shift was due later than me and when I got home I believed no one would be here so I had to find my keys.

"You'll get mine, let's just go," Carol said as she entered the hall. She was wearing her blue sweather and black jeans that suited her very well. She had an amazing body so he could pull anything. But it wasn't her body I envied her the most. It was her hair. She was naturally blonde and unlike me she didn't have to spend a part of her salary to a hair salon in evey three weeks.

"Okay, okay," I said, grabbing my bag. When I opened the door to leave the house, I was not surprised at the sight before me. Skye was sitting in the doorway, looking at us half-asleep.

"Hey girls!" she said, opening her arms wide. It was nine in the morning and she had just come home. Moreover, she was still drunk.

"What the hell Skye, get up," Carol said, grabbing her right arm and trying to get her up. I grabbed her other arm to help.

"I was going to come in but it was so hard to find my keys in there," Skye said as she pointed her purse. It was litterally the smallest purse I've ever seen. Probably just a key would fit inside anyway.

Skye was six years older than us. She was already graduated. She wasn't working because her family was rich. That's why she spent her days, her nights actually, by having fun. The only reason she had us as roommates was because of Carol.

Carol and I laid her on the couch. Who knows how long she had been waiting there in the cold of London. Her hands were freezing.

Carol took both blankets on the side seat and draped over Skye. "I won't hear you leaving this couch until Faye comes back," she said to Skye. In the meantime I brought a bowl in case she'd throw up. "I don't even want to hear you go out," Carol added. Then she checked if Skye had any fever. She didn't.

When Skye fell asleep without answering, we took one last glance at her and left the house. We barely caught the bus. It wouldn't be too full at these hours. Usually, those whose shifts start at nine, would't take the 09.05 bus. Moreover, most people in London would use taxis.

When we got off the bus, we were already fifteen minutes late to work. "Do you think he'll come today?" Carol asked as we walked to te cafe. Because of her asking shyly and playing with her hair that she made a ponytail this morning, I knew who was she talking about.

There was this poor guy who came to the cafe a few weeks ago. And he made a mistake by sitting one of Carol's tables. Since that day he had a huge crush on her. He'd come to cafe almost every day for her.