C-31

[Ten Years Back]

The palace was lively as different preparations were going on for the ball which shall be held by midnight.

The royal family had planned to host a ball for the second time in years and it was not going to be a joke.

The palace was being decorated with beautiful designs, dancers from different part of the world, singers and other entertainers were invited.

Apart from that, royal people from different kingdoms were also invited.

Leilani looked bright and treated everything with extra care, she was dressed in a silver long sleeved dress, her pretty hair was styled in layers with her golden tiara sitting on her head.

After greeting the few royal guests who had came early, she proceeded to check on her son since she had seen him nowhere around the palace throughout that day.

Leilani carried with her a plate of different foods, and of course the kind of clothe she would like him to wear for the ball.

"Darian" she knocked on the door. "It's mother, may I come in?" She asked.

The door opened, Darian stood beside the door and flashed a small smile at her. "Hi mother" he collected what he was holding from her.

Leilani looked at him from head to toe as soon as she entered the room.

She saw that he was just dressed in some casual clothes, and they were lot's of books opened on top of the table.

"Darian" she called.

"Yes" he turned to look at her.

"Aren't you gonna at least take a shower?" She asked.

"I took a shower since morning... Is there a problem?" He responded as he stood in front of her.

"Then why didn't you come out? They were all asking of you. Were you waiting for the clothe? Don't you have another one?" She breathlessly asked.

"Mother, come where? And who were asking of me?" He questioned, looking at her.

"To the ball Darian... Sir Hugh, Sir Marsh, Sir Shaw... They were all asking of you..."

"Mother, I'm not coming" he announced as he walked towards his reading table.

Leilani felt as though she heard him wrong. "Why, Darian?" She disappointedly asked. "It's your duty to be present as the crown prince of the entire kingdom Darian. Did you gave this a thought? I hope you didn't just jump into a conclusion?"

"Mother" he called without any expressions. "You and father can enjoy your ball" he turned to look at her. "I can't keep greeting everyone around, I can't stand people's stares and the girls too. When I was a baby was different, I can't go there"

Leilani was not happy.

She signalled to the male servants to drop the food down on top of the table.

"Now what do I tell them? The crown prince said he's not coming because he can't greet all of you around. What kind of mother would they think I am? She really does spoil her son" Leilani muttered.

Darian rolled his eyes as he carried the clothes. "Fine I'll come" he grumbled. "But only for a few seconds"

Leilani turned to him happily. "Of course"

"And warn the girls to stay away! Something tells me something horrible is gonna happen" he told her.

"Everything will be fine"

*-*-*-*-

Darian stepped out of the ballroom and walked outside, the six minutes he had spent in there felt like six years to him.

He couldn't wait to get some air outside.

He was glad for the first time that he was not wearing the mask. He walked to the far end of the palace where he could barely hear the sound of the music playing.

He sat down on top of a small stone and wiped the sweat beads on his face away with his hands.

He couldn't wait for all the celebration to end, all he wanted to do was to return to his chambers.

"Look," he heard a feminine voice that made him frightened. "This man is so handsome"

He could see a girl in a long ball gown walking towards him.

"Do you think it's bad if I have just one dance with him?" The lady asked herself.

Darian stood up from his sit and turned to leave, but he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hunk! Please, please, you look like an Angel, let's have a dance" the girl's voice sounded desperate.

Apart from his mother, this was the first time Darian was getting so close to a girl. "Go away" he told her coldly. "I don't dance"

But the lady remained strong-headed, she continued to pester him.

When Darian decided to disappear, the lady walked to his front to see his face.

There and then, she slumped to the ground dead.

Fear shook Darian that he yelped, his heart pounded in his heart as fast as ever.

"M.. mother..." His voice trailed off.

Darian noticed a dim red light glowing from his stomach, he felt as though his head was spinning as everything around him happened to be spinning as well.

His eyes color changed to deep red.

Darian felt a sharp force that pushed him violently to only Heaven knows where.

He could feel something sharp piercing his skin, and blood dropping from the pierced spot.
He closed his eyes as he swam in pain. Only one thing was in his mind.

'I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!'

*-*-*-*-
Darian opened his eyes and found himself in an unfamiliar place.

"It's alright Leilani, he'll be fine" was the masculine voice he was hearing plus the sound of someone crying.

"Darian! Are you alright?" She stood up to hug him. "Oh look at his eyes" she broke into tears again. "Can you see me? Do you feel pain anywhere?"

"M..mother?"

"Yes it's me, can you see me?"

"Mother... I'm... I'm sorry...."

Leilani broke into tears again.

"Darian, you should rest first" his father patted his head.

"I'm... Sorry father..."

"I'm sorry Mother, I don't want to hurt you" he spoke weakly.

"Mother do you think I'm dangerous? Mother why did the girl die?" He managed to ask.

"Darian, I promise I'll do anything to make sure you get better" she hugged him tightly.

However, what she was told made her sad for the rest of the day.

"This will always happen whenever a girl dies from seeing him. It keeps getting worse, and painful, the cure to this is very rare"