C-25

The following morning, Aylin was the first to check on her sister.

She met Raelyn still on bed.

Raelyn felt slightly embarrassed as she sighted her sister, she wondered if she heard her cries yesterday, after all, their room was very close.

"Good morning Raelyn" Aylin had a sweet smile on her lips as she hugged Raelyn. "I hope you're fine now?" She asked. "Where's your prince?"

"I'm fine" Raelyn responded. "I don't know where he is" she still felt slightly embarrassed when talking about him, she didn't know if she would be able to face him after what happened yesterday.

"So... When are we leaving?" Aylin questioned as she sat on the bed.

Raelyn didn't answer as she searched her heads for words.

She would have to leave in order to find her brother, she still had a lot of things to do and life was already this complicated for her.

If she should leave without Darian, Raelyn knew that another problem would fall on her that she would surely need his help.

She wondered if there was no way that she could do without him at all.

"I... I don't know" she said with cracked voice.

"You don't?" Aylin asked. "But you're always..."

"I said I don't!" She almost shouted. "We've lost the map! In fact I couldn't find our kingdom there, the map was a wrong one"

"Can't you ask your prince for help?" Questioned Aylin. "He's a very powerful person isn't he? If he really loves you then he'd be glad to help"

"No!" Raelyn objected. "I have to help myself and not rely on someone, what if he was never here? Who would I ask for help?" She paused. "I hate it when people use me Aylin, I don't think I'd ever like to use someone"

"This is not it! You're going too far" Aylin was surprised by her words. "Didn't you..."

"Go tell him yourself Aylin! Just go!" Raelyn interrupted her, feeling pissed off.

Aylin climbed down the bed and turned to look at Raelyn angrily.

"If you wanna stay here for the rest of your life then stay! I'd find my way" she paused, then continued. "I hate it when I wait for people who don't have a plan Raelyn, and I don't think I'd ever like to wait for such person" saying that, she left the room.

"Aylin wait!" Raelyn jumped down the bed and ran after her.

As she walked out of the room, Raelyn didn't know where Aylin had headed to.

There were just many doors around.

She could see a tall white staircase with a gold handrail, Raelyn was sure that Aylin wouldn't have climbed so fast, she must be in one of these rooms.

"Aylin" she called. "I'm sorry please come out. If I can't find you, then I'd leave without you. Do you like it that way?"

Since Aylin showed no sign of coming out, Raelyn  chose to look around the palace she found herself as she made her plans within.

Meanwhile,

The head maid whom introduced herself to Aylin as Cordelia was nice and gentle.

She made food for her, and also gave her a dress to wear after she took her bathe.

Aylin smiled as she looked at herself from the mirror. "Except for the tiara, I'm almost complete"  she murmured. "But I still look good right?"

"Of course yes My Lady" Cordelia smiled. "You're very pretty"

Aylin liked how her hair was curled and left long and wavy, the pretty yellow dress she was wearing, reminded her of the time when she was a princess.

After admiring herself in the mirror, she finally asked Cordelia. "Do you know where the prince is?"

"He might probably be downstairs, at the garden that's where I saw him the last time"

"Thank you very much" Aylin beamed as she walked out of the room.

She hurriedly descended the staircase, as though she knew where it was leading to.

Luckily, she met Darian outside.

"Good morning Your Majesty" she curtseyed.

"You shouldn't bow" Darian smiled, though not turning to look at her because he was not wearing his mask.

"Don't you wanna see me? Do you think I'd die? Should I try?" Aylin wondered how he would have to keep wearing those masks everywhere he goes.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "I feel like you won't die since your sister was able to see me"

"Can I look? Can I look please?" Aylin ran around him like a little kid. "Or should I take permission from Your Princess?" She added childishly.

"Hmmn" Darian chuckled and turned to look at her.

"Wow, you're so pretty" she knew that he was a very handsome person when she saw him from the mask yesterday, but he looked even more handsome.

"Do you really have magical powers? Can you really protect Raelyn for forever? How did you seem to have flew to this palace yesterday? I wish I had powers like you do" Aylin asked a time.

"It's good you don't have one" Darian told her. "Everything has an effect you know"

Aylin sighed. "So what's your name? Or do I have to take permission from Your Princess?"

"Some days, you'll have to" he smiled. "Anyways, I'm Darian! You can call me whatever you want"

"Ooh! Darian! I've heard that name before"

"Where?"

"I read it in books" Aylin smiled. "The few books I read about war"

"That's splendid" Darian remarked.

"You're someone very..." Aylin didn't know how to describe him. 'Should I say dangerous and kind, or dangerous and cool?' she wondered.

"Whichever you wish" Darian responded.

"What?" Aylin was sure she didn't say anything out.

"Whichever you prefer, if it's dangerous and kind or cool" he told her.

"But...I... Didn't say anything like that..."

"You did, but inwardly"

"Wait! What? Ah! How did you know that! Ah"

Darian laughed, it was almost the same reaction as Raelyn's when he told her yesterday.

"So you said I could call you whatever I prefer right?" Aylin asked as she walked after him.

"Yes"

"Would you mind if I call you Raelyn's prince?"

Darian paused, then looked at her.

"I call her your princess, so it should be the same for you..."

"If she's fine, I don't mind" he shrugged.

"Really?" Aylin felt happy. "Tell me Raelyn's prince, what kind of person do you think Your Princess is?"