Chapter 6

- This chapter is from the perspective of Victoria -

About 2 months into being homeless i stumbled across a party, so i went inside. It was fun, and i blended right in. I ate food and drinked and was even able to take a shower without anyone noticing. Once i left out the bathroom i jumped back a little, On the bed i saw a guy who had blue hair, a septum piercing and with a tattoo on his forearm. "Do you always just walk into someone's house and eat their food and take a shower?" said the guy. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed and looked at the ground, "I'm sorry, i really didn't mean to. It's just i've been homeless for a while and.." The guy walked over to me and gave me some clothes and said, "It's all good. I've been there before. You smoke?" he then turned around. I put on the clothes and said yes, we then went outside to the backyard and he took out a pack of cigarettes. "Oh my name is Max by the way." he said as he gave me a cigarette. "I'm Victoria but i like to go by Vic or Vicky!" I took a hit off the cigarette and coughed. Max laughed and pat my back, "Woah Woah! I thought you said you smoked!" I continued to cough and said, "I do! But not cigarettes!" Max laughed and stood up, "Well i got some weed but if i bring it out now everyone will be hitting it so just spend the night and we'll smoke together." I smiled and agreed to stay. I didn't want to get too attached because i know how this always end but to my surprise it was the opposite. I ended up stayed for at least a year and we ever celebrated my 15th birthday.

I jumped on Max bed and smiled "Max~! Guess what~!" I said. Max groaned and pushed me off, "Mmm..it's too early vic." I smiled and laid next to him, "I turn 15 today!" He chuckled and stretched, "You're almost close to my age, Once you're 18 then we can really go out and party." He then got out of bed and went to the bathroom, "Do you have anything in mind that you wanna do?" I sat up and it made me think, i never really did anything for my birthday because my parents would usually forget. "Hmm, I don't know." I replied. Once he got done brushing his teeth he came back to me and said, "What have you done for your past birthdays?" I replied, "Nothing really, Most of the times they forgot. My sister was the only one who remembered but she only gave me small things." He looked at me and hugged me, "I promise i'll make this a birthday you'll never forget." I smiled, Max reminded me a lot of Cole the only difference is that Cole was like 37 and Max is 18.

The rest of the day He took me out shopping and took me out for dinner. I kinda felt bad though because i'm sure i spent over 200 dollars! Once we arrived home he collapsed on the ground, "So much stores..So much bags..finally, we're home." I laughed and put the bags on the floor and got on my knees, "Thank you so much Max. You gave me the best birthday anyone could ever ask for." I said then i kissed his cheek. He smiled at me and said, "Anything for you Vic. Now you can go put the bags in your room, i'm gonna get started on dinner." I nodded and grabbed the bags and went to my room.

For the rest of the time i lived with Max and it was going well. Once i turned 17, That's when the unexpected happened. I was coming home from work when i saw a bunch of police cars outside. I ran towards the house but an officer stopped me, "Ma'am. You cannot enter the premises at this time." "Max!? Is he okay?!" I asked. I saw max soon walked out and he was in hand cuffs, i pushed the cop out of my way and ran to him. "Max?! What happened!?" I asked him. He looked mad, "Somebody fucking ratted me out." Then the police officer placed him in the car and he looked at me and said,"Don't worry though Vic, I'm gonna try to get out as soon as i can. I promise" then the car drove off. Who would want to rat max out?!

Soon after i entered the house, It felt empty and lonely without Max. Why is it that everyone always leaves me?

I knew i didn't want to go back out on the streets so my only option was to return back home. I packed my bags and said goodbye to his house and left.