Chapter 17 - Me and You

My hazy eyes and thought filled mind rendered me useless to the power of my mother, my eyes averted to the floor in utter embarrassment for what was shown in the Morphin grid. That was..... me? How could I ever turn into something so evil, so manipulative, so.... so..... dark? I knew it wasn't truly me. But eventually, it could be. And it terrified me to no end.

"Your levels are stable Aria. You're okay. I would advice against using your abilities for at least a couple days. Because you're drained. I can tell." I smiled a little at Billy and his worrisome tone, his facial expression telling the whole story. I had the most amazing support group. I was more than lucky to have ever come across Angel Grove, to have met them. And somehow, they keep sticking with me, even when my supposed dark side comes out to play.

"Thanks Billy. I'm sorry.... about all this. I didn't think it would ever get this bad. But she won't stop. Not until the world burns." Tommy's soothing hands on my shoulders helped ease the tension in my entire body, something he was good at. Just his mere presence made me feel like I could conquer the world.

"It's not your fault Ari. She's your mom. You should never have to worry about your own parent wanting to do such horrible things to you. But you have the team. We're all here. Always." Tommy's soft spoken words sent a little smile of comfort to my lips as my health assessment was over for the day, seeing how Kim, Trini, Zack and Jason were eyeing me with concern. Not that they were scared of me. But because they're genuinely worried about me. And it melted my heart.

"You guys are my family. I hope you know that. I can't do this without you....." My eyes welled with the tears i'd been holding back for so long about this matter, the group hug they all enveloped me in only fueling it further until I was practically sobbing.

"We aren't going anywhere. We love you! We're teenagers with attitude for a reason." I couldn't contain my laughter from Kim's sassy as usual words, my eyes connecting with Tommy's from beside me as our heads softly connected with one another in pure love. And I knew, this was my home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You know I don't mind you skipping school today. I already called your principal and everything is taken care of. Don't you worry. Just rest." Aunt Aurora softly kissed the temple of my head, thankful I had so much support.

"Plus, I'll be here with you. To keep watch." I couldn't contain my smile any longer from the mere look Tommy was giving me, his soft eyes and usual handsome smile upon his face just fueling my feelings for me even further. Aunt Aurora was starting her first day at Angel Grove High, and just didn't want me to be alone. Obviously, Tommy volunteered for the job without any hesitation.

"Just no funny business you two love birds." She ruffled both of our hairs in a loving manner as she usually does, before making her exit out of the house. And leaving me in a completely embarrassed state. But Tommy was merely smiling in humor.

"I'm so sorry about her. I swear she loves teasing me about you." He chuckled as we enjoyed the rest of our breakfast we both cooked up, consisting of eggs and toast with orange juice, what she was implying utterly mortifying me to no end. But, to have a day of just staying home without any distractions from my spawn of Satan mom was a relief all in itself.

"I'm a gentleman. I would never." We laughed so hard we couldn't contain it what so ever, the day seemingly flying by that I absolutely hated how fast it went. Spending time with Tommy was utter bliss, something I enjoyed more than anything in the entire world. I truly did love him. And it showed every single day.

"Well, at least we got through today without an surprise visits. It was just us. And it was..... amazing." Our foreheads connected together so perfectly, my eyes closing in pure comfort from just the mere closeness, just cozy in the living room together before Aurora gets home with both of our homework assignments for the day we missed.

"It always is when we're together. That's why I stayed today. To show you I'm not going anywhere. No one can keep us apart. This is our destiny, Ari. No matter what." His words, his softness and passion he always expressed, was enough to send me spiraling down another emotional rabbit hole. So I kissed him with every passion filled fiber of my being, feeling the mere sensation of Astral projecting my inner self perfectly, humming in unison with the sound of our lips molding together. His right hand connected with the back of my neck to deepen the kiss, his other firmly on my waist.

"You're my other half, Tommy. What I feel for you is so deep, so strong, I can't ever lose you. This is why I will always continue to fight. Because I have so much to fight for." I said breathlessly once we pulled apart, my heart racing from the sheer force of what I was truly feeling.

"If I have anything to do with it, you won't have him forever. Because you'll lose everything. Everything!" I immediately jumped to my feet from the sudden sound of my moms voice within my mind, threatening as always. She wasn't far away. I could feel it.

"Ari?! What's wrong?" Tommy had quickly jumped to his feet as well upon my sudden leap from his arms, knowing something was amiss.

"My mom..... she wasn't far. She saw us. She told me I'll lose you. I'll lose..... everything. Tommy, i have to stop her. Otherwise it could happen. She's growing stronger by the minute." His eyes searched my terrified ones and knew I was deeply troubled by the thought of losing my friends. Losing him.

"Listen to me Ari. It won't happen. And you aren't alone, okay? Nothing will stop us. We will stop her. She will be gone. And so will Rita and her rein over you. Over us. Don't worry." He brought me into his arms and I felt..... safe. Because I knew somehow, that his words rang true. Astral was sparking in defensive mode from my stance, but just from Tommy's touch, it had calmed down extremely. Because our destiny was true. I couldn't lose him. I just couldn't.