Chapter 8 - Protect The Power

"How is it possible that I didn't know anything about my aunt and uncles past?! I mean, everything is a mystery in my family." I slammed my locker door shut with my books in hand, my mind still swirling from the revelation of my aunt being a Ranger when she was my age. That Tommy was my true soulmate. That I was born to be a Ranger. It was in my blood. It was my legacy.

"I know it's a lot. But if anyone can handle it, it's you. You're strong Ari." I looked up at Tommy with a grin lighting up his face, wanting to believe that. But I knew I couldn't always be strong. Especially when the day comes that my parents show up. And I know they will eventually if this Rita Repulsa has anything to say about it. That's another thing I learned on my own. My parents know Rita very well. Well enough that I know they'd team up with her to steal my powers.

"Thanks for having faith in me Tommy. But sometimes.... I don't know. Sometimes I feel weak. Especially to my own parents. They want my power more than they want me as their daughter. My mother especially." I looked down to the ground from the feeling of Tommy's eyes on me, the others not having shown up yet. I hated the feeling of knowing my own parents would rather have me dead to get my power, than to have me as their own flesh and blood.

"But remember, you have me, you have your aunt, you have all of us." The others showed just as Tommy said those words, seeing a little smile on Kim's face. Kim knew just how troubled I was over this whole mess. We spent at least 2 hours on the phone last night after Tommy went home talking about what I learned. I was so overwhelmed.

"It's okay Ari. We have your back. Besides, we're you're family now. We look after each other" My eyes welled with tears from Kim's words, everyone agreeing with her as we formed a big hug, feeling loved for the first time in a long time, except by my aunt. But I wish I knew just how bad things could possibly get. I wish I knew who was lurking in the halls of Angel Grove, watching us with menacing eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that Day
"Guys! I can't hold them off much longer!" I fell back from the mere force of a gang of putty's, trying my best to fight them off while the others fought a new foe, the music box. I couldn't get near it because of my power. It could trap it within if it was smart enough.

"I'm coming Ari!" Tommy came running as fast as he could, but was eventually blocked by a force field that you couldn't see what so ever

"I'm coming Ari!" Tommy came running as fast as he could, but was eventually blocked by a force field that you couldn't see what so ever. And I knew exactly what this was. Why Rita sent the music box. My mother was here.

"Sweet, dumb Aria. You really thought running would save you? You thought this.... this boy in a green suite could save you? Pft.... hilarious." I stood to my feet as fast as possible, my necklace turning red from the mere sight of her. I knew it was turning red from the vibrations within my newly created purple suite. I kept it hidden just in case of situations like this. But it fed power to my weapon. The purple idol. It's already begun.