Chapter 12 - Adjusting

Life in Angel Grove had grown to be way more than I bargained for. I had an amazing group of friends. A boyfriend that has grown to become my best friend and partner that constantly looks after me like a guard in the night. My aunt is like a shining beacon for us all, giving us more and more tips on how to be the perfect Rangers. We've had immense battles against loads of putties since that day at the Youth Center. And honing my skills was coming along nicely.

"I can't scientifically say how your abilities are coming in one by one, and so quickly! Even your DNA test is extraordinary!" Looking at my own DNA was so weird. But what was even weirder, was the fact that it glowed! All my cells shown like a bright diamond under intense lightening. It's honestly weird to think I may look like that on the inside.

"You still want to date me Tommy? You know, with my shininess and all?" He chuckled from behind me, his arm looping around my waist in comfort. He could tell I was freaked out. Freaked out that Tommy may not be interested in all my bodily functions being shown off for the whole class to see. Well, just my friends. It was rather odd to me. But if it's for science, and to help ease Billy's mind on what I am, then I'm okay with it.

"Aria.... you know I'm not going anywhere. You're beautiful. Inside and out." I practically blushed from his words, leaving a gentle kiss on his lips and not caring if anyone noticed. Even though Billy had become like my brother pretty quickly. We got along so amazingly.

"Come in Rangers! You're needed at the command center. One of Rita's monsters has been spotted near by." We all looked at one another, before teleporting to the command center to meet up with Jason, Zack, Trini and Kim. Once there, Alpha was in a tizzy, as usual. But once I looked through the globe of Angel Grove, I knew exactly what was wrong. It wasn't a normal Rita monster. It was.... my mom. She had morphed into one of us, more specifically, me! Using her power clearly.

"Aria! That's your mom! How is she one of the rangers? She looks like.... You! Your suite and all!" I sighed in pure frustration, knowing her abilities were deadly to anyone that got in her way. She could literally morph into anything and anyone if her powers were charged up by the right person. She was weak, unless she had help. Like Rita. Her powers had been drained down by my grandma years earlier. My grandma was like the queen of sirens. Until my mom killed her to restore her power. But it didn't work. What she didn't know, was grandma had hidden her powers away, the power she was able to drain, and that was by giving it to me. Astral consumed it.

"It's because Rita is helping her with her powers. She usually isn't strong enough to morph. But with whatever Rita is doing, it's making them all come back. She wouldn't be able to do it on her own. Because I have a lot of her power in Astral guys." Astral was glowing red from the mere sight of this. What no one understood was that Astral can also see. You can't tell from Astral not having eyes. But it didn't need them.

"Man, there is so much to your story Ari. I'm sorry you went through all this." Zack's genuine concern was actually nice. Usually no one cared. Because I didn't trust anyone with any of this. Except for my friends. Tommy knows all this already though. My aunt and I filled him in so he'd know what he's getting into with me. But to my surprise, he didn't run. He didn't look at me any differently. He was actually supportive because he knew what a horrible past I had. I just wanted my future to be better.

"Thanks Zack. But it'll be okay someday. We just have to stop her. Eventually she'll really drag my dad into this. But until then, let's focus on her." My eyes narrowed at the globe, seeing her practically exploding everything in sight. That's when I morphed on my own by pulling out my morpher quickly, before teleporting to where she was without warning anyone.

"MOM!!! Stop!!!" I didn't care if anyone heard me. I was not having her mess today. She slowly turned towards me with a smirk on her face, never once wearing my helmet in her morphing. She did it so I'd know. So I could see  her face as she destroyed Angel Grove and hurt the poor people in this town.

"Dear, sweet Aria! There's my little magical pup. I knew you'd come back like a stray little puppy. You always do." I clenched my fists to my side, my eyes clearly glowing red at this point, when the others teleported right next to me.

"We're here!! Everyone, circle. Don't let her get away." Suddenly, putties appeared around my mom like a swarm of bugs you could ever get rid of. It was revolting dealing with these idiots.

"You can't manage to go anywhere without putties huh?" My words seemed to sting my mom, just as I meant them to. Her face told it all.

"You evil little brat. You have them fooled that you'll never turn. But trust me, you will." And with that, she vanished, leaving us with the dumb putties.

"You okay Ari?" Tommy stopped right next to me, knowing just how angry I truly was.

"I will be. Now, let's take care of these putties." And so, we fought them. I fought so hard that I could barley register my moves. I was just lost in my own mind. Everyone could tell. And I hated it.