Chapter 9 - The Call

My mind and heart were swirling with tremendous emotion from the sight of my mom standing right before me for the first time since moving to Angel Grove. I knew this was coming. But nothing could prepare me for it. No training. No mental build up. Nothing.

"Stupid girl. Standing when you know you'll be knelling before me soon enough." I grimaced in anger from her words, my power electrifying at this point. It was coursing through my veins in such a rage that I could feel it's energy. So much so, that I took my helmet off, eyeing her with such hatred. Her eyes widened from something on me, something I couldn't see.

"Wow.... your powers have developed nicely. You've accumulated the eye emotions." I looked at myself through the visor of my helmet, seeing my once blue eyes now being red. Red with rage.

"Yes

"Yes. They actually have mother. So much so that you could never get ahold of them. You couldn't handle it." And with that, I raised my hands slightly with the Purple Idol in tow, before aiming it right at her with my glowing eyes filling more and more with rage with every passing second.

"Give her the thoughts of dread. Make her see what she truly is." Us Rangers can't see what she's seeing. Only she can. But it's pure ugliness. Her true inner self. A hag. An evil hag with malicious intentions. And from her wide eyed look of fear, she was seeing it. She dreaded ever turning into an raggedy siren. Or being stripped of her powers, draining her of every ounce of it.

"Ari....?" Tommy's hand came down upon my shoulder, seeing my eyes for the first time since they turned red, his worrisome voice and eyes getting through to me. He immediately calmed me down. Calmed Astral down. Astral has its own emotions sometimes. But when we're in the presence of Tommy, we both changed. Like we were weak to him.

"I'm..... I'm fine Tommy. I just lost myself." I slowly pulled the Purple idol back, feeling my eyes changing back to their normal color. My eyes have never changed before this day. This was new. My mother practically wilted to the ground, her now weepy eyes the only thing I saw. But I didn't feel bad. Not one bit.

"Aria! Come in Aria! Your powers are off the charts! Come back to the command center as soon as possible so Billy and Alpha can run diagnostics on you." I looked at Tommy and saw that he really wasn't looking at me any different. Like I was a monster or something. He didn't seem scared. Or fearful. He seemed.... normal. Like he was just looking at me. Not my powers.

"I'm so sorry Tommy. I don't know what came over me. I saw her and...." He slowly brought me into his arms, seeing how broken I truly felt. I never would have thought as a kid that I would have to fight my own mom.

"Don't be sorry, okay? I'm here. We're all here. I know you didn't want to do anything bad. And you really didn't. Expect make her see what she really is." I eyed Tommy with another emotion consuming me, knowing exactly what it was from the hum of my necklace. Astral was rendered weak to Tommy. Even his voice sent it and my emotions into a frenzy. A good one at that. And as we teleported to the command center, I felt.... peaceful. Even if for just this moment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can't believe how developed your powers are Aria! They're massively powerful." Billy unhooked me from a machine that was able to generate my power levels, just just how high they truly were.

"But they look okay right? Like nothing bad will happen?" That's what I always feared.

"Affirmative. You're actually great. You used your powers wisely today. And in a smart manner." I smiled at Billy as he softly patted my back, the others joining in as well.

"See Aria? You aren't the monster you think you are. You're so kind and sweet. Beautiful...." Everyone's eyes widened from the last word Tommy used, seeing he wanted to beat himself up because it slipped. But then laughter erupted in the room, my smile growing bigger and bigger with each second.

"Tommy loves our Aria." Jason nodded at Tommy with a humors smile from his words, seeing Tommy was now eyeing me with a soft grin. His smile that I was completely infatuated with.