𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟑𝟒

It's been a week since thanksgiving and Dahlia's been staying over at my place ever since

It's been a week since thanksgiving and Dahlia's been staying over at my place ever since. Life has been 10x more enjoyable since then. Flynn decided to stay with her family a little while longer so the apartment is all mine until she comes back.

That means there's plenty of space for Dahlia and I. She eventually had to go back to work so I've been picking her up and dropping her off everyday since then. Today's plans are going to be a little bit different though.

I know she's been feeling a bit stressed recently , so I wanted to do something nice. It's just going to be an enjoyable dinner with a nice bubble bath and a movie afterwards. It might not be much but it's the small things that count and i'm sure she'll appreciate it. Plus it's time for all of the love and care she gives to everyone to finally be returned.

It's a quarter to 5 and the Uber I ordered is already on the way to the bookshop. Which means this gives me less than 30 minutes to finish up dinner. Tonight's menu is salmon , green beans and mashed potatoes. The recipes online saved my ass, couldn't have done it without them.

My phone vibrated with a notification from the floral shop notifying me that the flowers I ordered had been delivered. The sound of the doorbell rung less than a second later. When I approached the door to open it , nobody was to be seen but the bouquet of white and baby pink tulips sat on my welcome rug.

I picked them up , immediately placing them in front of Dahlia's spot at the table. The note sat delicately in the middle of the bouquet , I had them wrapped in white floral paper with gold ribbon securing them.

My phone vibrated once again , but this time from Dahlia.

Dahlia Baby <3
Hey baby , i'm on the way home. Mind telling me why an uber picked me up instead of you?

I bit my lip , anxiously trying to think of a response.

Me
Things came up , I promise I'll make it up to you. Mwah.

I put my phone off to the side and examined my outfit in the mirror. It wasn't anything too flashy , just a small black dress with white flats and my hair was in it's loose curls. Few hints of gold jewelry here and there.

Walking over to the dining table , I made sure all the utensils were still there along with the bottle of her favorite chardonnay. Usually , I try not to drink but tonight's a special occasion. Does everything feel like too much? What if she gets home and all she wants to do is sleep? I wouldn't don't blame her , it gets like that sometimes but still.

My hands rubbed on my dress in an attempt to make them less sweaty. Maybe i'm just overthinking like always and she'll come home , enjoy the dinner and relax in her bubble bath. Hopefully.

The door clicked as it unlocked , Dahlia walked in with a small smile. A shocked expression took over her face when she looked further into the apartment. "Surprise!" I shrieked , throwing my hands up.