𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟏

Stocking up some books, I heard the bell ring

Stocking up some books, I heard the bell ring. Somebody had walked into the store.

"Hello! Welcome to Irmano's bookstore! Let me know if you need help with anything!" I said with a smile.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the store was busy and I was able to catch a cab without any problems at all. It couldn't get any better than this.

I finished stocking the aisle I was on and I moved towards the front counter to grab my things. " I'm taking my lunch break," I told my coworker, Jamie who just nodded and looked back at her phone.

I decided to walk to the cafe not too far from the store because why not? It's nice outside and it's about time I get some exercise in, yesterday I spent my day off with Scandal, my couch and practically my whole pantry.

After about 10 minutes of catcalls and bad traffic, I finally made it to the cafe and went up to the counter to order. Its finally pumpkin spice season so of course I had to get the latte.

I order my drink along with a croissant, and I sit and wait for my order to be ready. I pulled out the book I was reading and opened it to where I left off.

"Hey, girl! Oh my god, it has been so long! How have you been?" A girl suddenly standing over me said with a wide grin.

I look up at her confused to see her side-eyeing the old man staring at us . Taking the hint, I get up and hug her, " OMG I haven't seen you in forever! I've been fine, how are things going for you and your fiance?"

"Amazing! Thanks for asking!"

I had no idea who this girl was at all, or whether she had a fiance or not but I took a small peek at where the man was standing earlier and the man was nowhere to be found. "He's gone." I mouthed with a smile.

"Thank you so much, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't played along." She chuckled.

"No problem," I said, getting a good look at her. She was nearly jaw-dropping. Wait I take that back she IS jaw-dropping. She looked like she had just walked out of a Vogue magazine and god she smelled amazing, made my strawberry pound cake smell cheap.

I looked back up at her to see a smug look on her face and I nearly melted. Realizing I was still holding onto her, I stepped back and cleared my throat.

Before she could say anything else, I heard my order being called. "Pumpkin spice latte with extra cold foam, 4 espresso shots and a chocolate-filled croissant!"

"Sorry, that's me. It was nice meeting you!" I said grabbing my things and rushing to the counter for my food. Looking down at my phone, I see a text from Jamie saying I was needed back at work. I sighed and walked out the cafe hearing a voice call out but ignoring it.