𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟐𝟎

Dahlia and I  were making her Halloween cookies

Dahlia and I were making her Halloween cookies. After she opened up to me yesterday, I asked if she wanted to go back to the store and get the ingredients, she said yes, so we did. While we were getting what was needed, she explained the significance behind the cookies. Now I understood why it was so important to her.

It's the next day, Lia and I are currently arguing about who got to eat the leftover cookie dough.

" Why do you get to eat it? You're not automatically entitled to it." I huffed, crossing my arms.

"It's MY recipe therefore, I get to eat it." She mocked my actions.

"Says who?"

"Says me."

I rubbed my hand on the flour spilled on the counter and smeared it on her face. "Ha! Take that dweeb." I smiled proudly.

"You didn't."

"Looks like I did," I said, pointing to the flour on her face. "Right here." She smacked my hand away before rubbing both hands in the flour and smearing it on my face. She grinned widely, showing off her perfect smile.

"Ha!"

☆ ☆ ☆

After chasing Dahlia around the kitchen with flour in my hands, she finally surrendered, and we finished making the cookies. We made three batches, one for her and her father, one for Flynn and me, and one for Al. The batches for Al, Flynn, and her father are going to be delivered tomorrow since I'm going back home to Flynn eventually.

I was going to miss it here with Dahlia though, the thought of leaving makes my stomach turn into knots. It's not like I didn't miss Flynn, I did, though I love being with Dahlia.

"I don't think we should stay here and eat the cookies. I think we should venture out and make something of it." I said, cleaning off the counter.

"Ok... Where do you think we should go?"

"I don't know, we could drive around until we find a place." She nodded, going to throw something away. It was 7 pm, we had time before it got too late. I decided to grab some essentials that we might need and to get ready.

It wasn't long until Dahlia finished getting dressed and we left soon after that. I decided to let her drive and she was having the time of her life. "Driving is so fun! Whoo!" I smiled as I watched her laugh and cheer.

"When was the last time you were behind a wheel?" I asked, holding onto my seat. She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"When I got my license."

"Which was?"

"7 years ago." She chuckled, stopping at the red light and looking at me.

"Jeez."

"Hush, I'm doing good. Trust me, I'm not going to wreck your precious Toyota." She burst into a fit of laughter at her remark as I just stared at her, trying not to smile. Before I could say anything, she turned on the radio, and Set Fire To The Rain started playing. We sang along to the song as the car took us wherever it wanted.