𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟐𝟐

"Al, are you sure you don't want me to stay longer?" I asked with a frown

"Al, are you sure you don't want me to stay longer?" I asked with a frown. It was two o'clock and Rae was outside waiting, but I didn't want to leave and my work here wasn't finished.

"No no, go ahead Dahlia. Enjoy your youth." He smiled, flipping the page of his new book of the week. Every week, Al dedicates himself to a book of a different genre. Last week it was romance novels and this week it's historical fiction.

"But-"

"Go Dahlia. Take care, I love you."

"Love you too Al." I kissed his cheek before saying my goodbyes to my coworkers and walking out of the building. I approached Rae's car, got in, and was immediately greeted. "Dahlia!" She beamed.

"Raeni!" I said, buckling my seatbelt. "Where are we headed?"

She grinned, pulling out the parking space, " It's a surprise." A surprise? Why does that not sound good coming from her? I'm scared. "I see the look on your face, it's not bad. I promise." She laughed.

"Sure," I said, not completely convinced.

"I'm being serious! It's a fun surprise!"

"Mhm." I side-eyed her and put my AirPods in to let my music take over.

☆ ☆ ☆

"Dahlia wake up, it's an emergency! Hurry!" Raeni shook me in my seat causing me to jolt awake. I looked at her with panicked eyes to see her laughing hysterically in her seat. I'm so confused, what's the emergency?

Realization took over and my face morphed into a frown. "Raeni, that's not funny. I thought something was seriously wrong." Her laughter died down, and a face of regret covered it. "Sorry, I had to get you up somehow."

I kissed her cheek, "It's alright, just don't do that again okay?" She nodded and smiled. I looked around to see a parking lot full of cars, but no building. "Rae, where are we?"

"Close your eyes."

"What? No!"

"Just do it, Lia." I huffed and covered my face with my hands. Rae got out of the car and came over to get me out. She pulled me out gently and shut my door. We started to walk, her still holding onto me. "Rae where are we going, I don't like this."

"Hush."

We walked for what seemed like forever, Rae leading me through a crowd of people pushing our way through before we finally came to a stop. She removed my hands from my face and I gasped at the sight in front of me.

"You brought me to the Met?" I asked grinning widely. She nodded and I pounced on her, giving her the tightest hug. "I know you've been wanting to come here for the longest."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" The stares I was receiving from strangers were criminal but I didn't care. Rae had just brought me to the museum I always wanted to visit ever since I was 10 years old. My mother promised to bring me here one day but that day was yet to come. Until now.