𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟐𝟏

Rae left yesterday morning and I was devastated

Rae left yesterday morning and I was devastated. I knew she had to go home, but I wish she could've stayed longer. The kiss we had last night was the only thing on my mind, was it too soon? I surely felt something by it but did Rae feel the same thing?

I sighed, sinking lower into the bath. I have a therapy session in two hours which I was looking forward to. Over time, therapy has become something I dreaded to something I loved. My therapist is great, she listens to what I have to say and has always been more inviting. Plus she was a friend of my mother before she passed so I guess that's why I feel so comfortable, I grew up around her.

After finishing my bath, I got dressed in a simple outfit which consisted of jeans, a white crop top, and a leather jacket. I already did my hair and makeup so I made my way out of the door earlier.

☆ ☆ ☆

I arrived early to my appointment, grabbing some coffee for Mrs. Halem and I. Thankfully , I was allowed to come earlier than expected since her last patient canceled on her. "Hello Dahlia, Nice to see you again. It seems like forever." She smiled.

"That's because it has been. I've been pretty occupied these last couple of weeks." I placed the coffee on the coffee table that sat in between us.

"With good things, I hope?" She smiled, picking it up and taking a sip. I nodded with a smile.

"Well, how have you been feeling? Any better from the last time I saw you?" She prepped her notepad on her lap.

I shrugged, "Yeah you could say that, things have gotten better here and there." I watched as she jotted down her notes, nodding her head. I never understood why they did that, you could say absolutely nothing and they would find things to write.

"Tell me about it."

I told her everything that had happened. I told her about how my job was going, and I told her about Raeni. I told her about that stupid encounter with Charlotte that caused me to almost shut Rae out completely. As I was telling her everything, I realized that Rae was in every sentence, Rae and I did this, Rae and I did that.

It's been a minute since I talked about someone like that and it surprised me.

"Mhm, and do you have any concerns about anything that's happened so far? How do you feel about everything?" She asked, drinking the rest of the coffee and throwing the cup away.

How did I feel? Was I alright with everything? I sighed, tucking a hair behind my ear. "Honestly, I don't know how I feel. I don't know if I feel relieved or worried."

"What do you mean?"

"Well me and Raeni kissed two days ago. Not that I didn't enjoy it because I definitely did but what if it was too soon? I mean, the day before I just opened up to her about her who shall not be named. Was it stupid for me to kiss her, like 'Oh yeah, let's kiss a day after talking about my toxic ex?' Does she regret it, I hope she doesn't. I just hope my feelings for her are real and not some fantasy my mind has created."

She was writing even more stuff on the notepad before looking up and speaking, "I couldn't tell you that, but what I can tell you is that your smile got bigger every time you brought her name up earlier. I can tell you that you practically squealed after you went on about the things you did together. I can tell you that if you're this skeptical about everything then just remember that what's meant for you will never leave you."

I chuckled, "Such wise words. Did you just come up with that?"

"No, Adele did. But I am just as capable of saying something inspirational." She said, chuckling along with me.

"Right."

------

The session ended not too long after that, it was a good one. I was able to get everything out that I needed to and I did not hold back. It feels nice to get everything off your chest, keeping everything bundled up isn't gonna do you any good.

I decided to grab takeout from a Cuban food truck near my childhood home, I was going to visit my father but I didn't want to show up empty-handed. I ordered two plates of Arroz Con Pollo, two plates of Tostones, and 2 cans of Coke. After getting my food, I took an Uber to the house and knocked on the door.

My father opened it with a scowl on his face but it was replaced with a smile as he saw me. "Mija!"

"Hey Dad, I brought food!" I smiled, holding up the two bags of food. He smiled and took the bags from me walking back in the house and into the kitchen. I followed behind him, shutting and locking the door behind me.

"How have you been Princesa? Everything going good?" He asked, taking the food out of the bags. I nodded, sitting at the kitchen table.

"Everything's just fine papa. What about you?"

"Ahhh, I've been fine. Same ole, same ole." He came over and placed my plate in front of me. I immediately dug in, groaning at the taste. It's been too long since I had food like this, this is the real food. "Mija, slow down. It's not going anywhere." He chuckled.

"Hush papa, I'm hungry. Plus, I miss food like this. " I frowned.

"Well if you came over more often, I could make this for you but you hardly come around anymore so what can I say?" He shrugged, sitting across from me.

"Don't do that Dad, it makes me feel bad. I've just been busy." I said, taking a bite of one of my Tostones.

He looked at me and raised a brow. "Busy with what?"

"You know, with work, hanging out with friends." I decided to keep it nice and simple. I didn't want to tell him about Rae, at least not now. Based on the way he reacted to the way Charlotte treated me, I knew he wasn't ready for me to date anymore. Which was understandable, he obviously is very skeptical about me dating and I don't blame him.

"That's good Dahlia. I'm proud of you, you know that?" He smiled at me, grabbing my hand and kissing it. I nodded, "I know papa."

We ate and continued to get updated on each other's lives. I'm glad he's been doing well while I've been gone, I feel so guilty for not checking up on him more often. He refused to get a phone after his old one broke so I promised him that I'd visit every two weeks.

It was late and I tried to order an Uber but he did a very dramatic rant on how Ubering is dangerous so he ended up driving me home. I was in bed ordering books on Amazon when I received a Facetime call from Rae.

"Lia! " She said as soon as I answered the call.

"Rae!"

"I missed you so much, how have you been?" She said with a small frown.

"I missed you too," I said, mocking her expression. "I've been fine though, you?"

She huffed, "I'm alright, but I'd be better if you were here."

I smiled, "Aww how sweet. How are you and Flynn, is everything going well? It's not awkward right?" I tilted my head.

"Nah, we're cool. But anyways, can I see you tomorrow?" She said, quickly changing the subject. Someone's eager.

I kept a bland expression on my face but internally I was smiling like an idiot. "Depends on what time. I'll have to check my schedule and see if I'm free." My schedule was nice and clear for tomorrow but you know, have to play hard to get.

"Sigh, I was thinking around two." I took a minute to respond to make it seem like I was thinking about it before nodding. "Yeah, two works."

"YAY!" Rae exclaimed, grinning widely. So so cute.

"YAY!"

a/n: thank you so so much for 600 reads , wow. I never expected to even reach more than 200 so thank you 🥹. also i probably cant update the rest of the week so enjoy this !