𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟏𝟕

Raeni ended up staying over at my house for a few days

Raeni ended up staying over at my house for a few days. I'm not complaining I enjoy her company. I know it shouldn't but the thought of her leaving deeply upsets me, I didn't want her to leave. She went back to her apartment to grab a few things, finally talking to Flynn. They had a conversation and came to the conclusion that she was going to distance herself, which was completely understandable.

I couldn't help but think about what happened to her. How they all just abandoned her when she was the one who didn't even want to go in the first place. I know it wasn't Flynn's fault but she should've been more careful, especially since she didn't make sure Raeni got home safely.

Wait, why am I getting so protective? It's not like she belongs to me or anything. But wait, isn't it normal to be concerned for your friends? Yeah, that's normal.

"Lia! Get in here, the movie's starting!" Raeni shouted from the couch. I grabbed the popcorn out of the microwave, poured it into a big bowl and made my way to where she sat on the couch. She placed a blanket over my legs and snuggled up into hers. Cute.

We decided to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, which was perfect considering it was two days before Halloween and not scary. I grabbed some popcorn, stuffing it into my mouth.
"Make sure you're really quiet Lia, okay? This is my favorite movie." Raeni said, grabbing some herself.

I scoffed.

Did I mention we had on matching pyjamas? It was a white tank top along with black pajama pants with pumpkins. The cutest ever.

"This popcorn is missing something," She grabbed the Skittles we had laid out, opened them and poured them into the bowl of popcorn. I looked at her in complete shock.

"You're insane."

"You love it." She winked.

"Dork."

"Dweeb."

"Nerd."

"Goober," I watched her look at me in confusion."Ha! I won." I smiled proudly.

"Nuh-uh. A nerd is worse than a goober." She folded her arms.

"Goobers are definitely worse."

"Nuh-uh."

"Yuh-huh."

"Nuh-uh."

"Yuh-huh."

"Yuh-huh."

"Nuh-uh," I gasped, frowning. "You tricked me!"
"Who's the goober now?" She grinned.

"You're evil, I'm not watching this movie with you anymore." I pouted, placing the bowl next to me and getting up.

She laughed, grabbing more popcorn. "Sucks to be you, more snacks for me."

I sat back down, reached over, grabbed a handful of popcorn and threw it at her. Her mouth dropped open, grinning proudly, I turned to face the TV. Twice the amount of popcorn hit me straight in the face and I snapped my head towards her.

She stared back at me and snatched the bowl away before I could get any more of it. I stuck my tongue out at her and she smiled widely in response.

"I hate you."

"Love you too."

I felt my heart flutter and I went silent.

"Not like that I-"

"I know what you meant," I chuckled awkwardly. This did not need to be awkward at all. "SO how bout this movie, huh?"

"Oh right. Forgot."

☆ ☆ ☆

The movie was good, I finished it myself since Flynn fell asleep halfway through. So much for it being her favourite movie. I picked up the mess that we made and cleaned up a bit.

Seeing that Raeni was still asleep, I fixed the blanket on her lap and propped it over her whole body. I also laid her head on a pillow, anything to keep her comfortable.

I blew the candles out and turned the TV off before walking into my room and calling it a night.

a/n: the new nickname 🥹