𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟔

It had been an hour since the movie started, we were 10 jumpscares in and we were receiving loads of stares from the strangers around us due to Dahlia shrieking

Most of our snacks were gone. The only thing being left was the Cheetos and nobody wanted those. Gabby and Xavier were still bundled up closer than ever, Xavier's head lying on Gabby's shoulder and their legs tangling together.

I looked around the park to see a variety of people, couples, families, and friend groups. Another jumpscare came and Dahlia jumped scooting closer to me and grabbing my arm.

She looked up at me only to see me looking back at her. She started to move away but I tugged her back to where she was.

She laid her head on my shoulder and we sat like that for the rest of the movie, enjoying each other's company. I've seen this movie a few times but I didn't tell her when the jumpscares were because I wanted nothing more than for her to be closer.
☆ ☆ ☆

The second hour of the movie passed by and I looked over to see the couple across from us asleep, Dahlia and I being the only ones awake. I for sure thought she would've been the first one asleep.

" I'm hungry, would you like anything from concessions?" I began to get up.

"I'll come with," She said quicker than I could say my name. " I don't think I could make it through another second of this movie."

I laughed, getting off the trunk first and then helping her down.

"How'd you like the movie so far?" I teased, nudging her shoulder.

"Shut up!" She groaned, pushing me away. A smile threatened to show up on her face.

We finally reached the concessions, Dahlia ordering cotton candy, a king-sized Snickers bar for Gabby and Skittles for Xavier. I just ordered boxed popcorn and cotton candy to take home to Flynn.

The movie only had like 10 minutes left so we decided to walk a little slower back to the truck.
"I hope you guys know that you're going to make it up to me for this," Dahlia said, rolling her eyes.

"Moi? How was I supposed to know, you invited me! " I put my hand on my chest and dropped my jaw pretending to be hurt.

"I don't care, " She said laughing. " Everyone who sat in the back of that truck owes me an apology." She crossed her arms.

We reached the truck to see everyone packing their things, including Gabby and Xavier.

"There you guys are! We didn't know where you guys we-"

"IS THAT A KING-SIZED SNICKER BAR?" Gabby shouted running towards Dahlia and taking it out of her hand.

"You're welcome." Dahlia giggled. I would listen to the sound of that 24/7 if I could.

--------------------------

Gabby forced Dahlia and I to finish cleaning up where they left off, it didn't take us long. We were now on the way back to my house to drop me off.

My phone buzzed with a notification from Instagram which I ignored, However, what I didn't ignore was the time. 10:45 flashed in my eyes, causing me to flinch. " And you talk about me, hypocrite," Dahlia spoke, shaking her head. I pushed her head softly and looked back at my phone.

It didn't feel like 10 o'clock but I was sleepy so I pushed away the feeling. When we reached the apartment, I grabbed the things I brought for Flynn and opened the door, ready to say goodbye until Dahlia spoke up.

"Wait. Let me walk you to your door. Just to make sure you get there safe."

She stepped out of the truck behind me and took Flynn's snacks from my hand while I grabbed my key. When we reached my door, we both felt the need to say something.

"I -"
"Th-"

We laughed before continuing, "You go first." I said putting my key in the door and twisting it.

"I had a good time with you tonight. Thank you for coming, I'm sure I would've been alone if you hadn't." She laughed, looking at the ground. I grabbed her chin making her look up at me before speaking. "Thank you for inviting me. I really enjoyed you clinging onto me for half the movie."

"Stop Raeni! Goodnight! " She said, pushing me away trying her best not to smile.

"Goodnight Dahlia." I watched her walk back to the truck before I went into my apartment.

a/n: hello! i'm not sure if i want to continue writing the book so i'm only releasing 6 chapters for now. i'll see how well they do and then maybe i'll finish !