𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟑𝟎

I didn't have any plans for Thanksgiving, I mean I was going to my grandmother's house like we do every year but I have a slight feeling that my mother didn't want to see me

I didn't have any plans for Thanksgiving, I mean I was going to my grandmother's house like we do every year but I have a slight feeling that my mother didn't want to see me. After what happened that week everything's just been off.

She hasn't been blowing up my phone like she usually does. I've been texting my brother, asking him to give me updates on how she's acting but it seems like everything is normal. Maybe she just doesn't want to see me.

I'm not going to worry about it too much though, she always gives in and starts talking to me out of the blue anyway.

If anything, I should be happy about not doing anything for Thanksgiving. This means I can stay home and relax without Flynn's loud presence. She flew to visit her parents in California this year. I'm sad to see her go but was very happy to see her leave.

I reached above the fridge and the box of Froot Loops, pouring them into the bowl I sat out earlier. Taking the carton of milk, I poured it into the bowl just for nothing to come out. Did Flynn's fat ass really finish the whole carton of milk.. and not throw it away after?

The doorbell rang and I groaned, walking over to the door and opening it. Dahlia stood there, with tupperware in hand and a smile plastered on her face. "HI!"

I chuckled, moving out of the doorway. "Hello beautiful, what's up?" She walked in, her eyes fixated on my hands. "Why do you have a carton of milk? Are you making something?" I quickly threw it in the trashcan behind her and smiled.

"Flynn drank it all and didn't throw it out so when I tried to make cereal, I was milkless." I frowned, and she laughed, setting the Tupperware on the counter.

"Cereal at 1:00 in the afternoon?"

"Don't judge me." Cereal was one of the only things I could cook. Disappointment, I know. I'm a Haitian who can't cook, shoot me. I looked at Dahlia and she was analyzing my apartment like she'd never stepped foot in it. She turned around, catching my eyes in hers. I smiled and she hid her face.

I walked into the kitchen, digging in the bowl, and stuffing a few Froot Loops in my mouth. " I brought you some pastelitos." She said, moving to sit on the stools. My eyebrow raised as I looked at the container.

"It's a Cuban dessert. I made some for Thanksgiving, but I figured I would bring you a few." She gave a toothy grin, resting her arms on the counter. I leaned over and opened the container, grabbing a pastelito. I bit into it and immediately groaned. It was delicious. Like a filled donut but with creme cheese and some other unrecognizable fruit. I knew what it was but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Like it?" She bit her lip eager for a response.

"Mhm," I said, devouring the rest in two bites. She laughed, ripping a paper towel off the roll and handing it to me. I tilted my head, taking it and she pointed to the filling sitting on the side of my mouth.