𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟐𝟑

Picking up Lia from Irmanos, taking her places, and dropping her off at home has been our constant routine these last couple of days and I honestly can't complain

Picking up Lia from Irmanos, taking her places, and dropping her off at home has been our constant routine these last couple of days and I honestly can't complain. I enjoy spending time with her, maybe a little too much. I just dropped her off and I had to make my way home to finish up some work.

I decided to switch to the virtual side of college. I had no energy to drive there every morning and suffer through lectures. Why do that when I could just do it on my laptop at home, in my own comfort? It's 10x easier, I've been doing it a few days and I find myself a lot more consistent with it than I am normally.

I stopped at the upcoming red light and pulled out my phone to call Flynn, and she answered almost immediately. "Hey stink!"

"Hi, Flynn. I'm on my way home. Do you want me to stop and get you something to eat?" I asked, applying some lipgloss.

"Yes, please! I want Chinese. Wait no, Mexican. Wait, Indian. I want Indian." She giggled.
"Ok, see you in a bit." I started the car up again and dialed the local Chinese restaurant to place an order.

☆ ☆ ☆

I arrived home 30 minutes later with the food, Flynn pouncing on me as soon as I stepped foot in the door. One thing about Flynn, she's gonna eat. Regardless of what it is. "Thank you stink!" She said, grabbing her items out of the bag and plating them. "You're welcome Flynn, just don't bother me for the next 2 hours."

"Okay." She said, mouth already full with a samosa. I grabbed my plate and made my way to my room.

After devouring my food, I started to catch up on my assignments, some overdue and some just assigned. It was hard to concentrate, all I could think about was Dahlia's birthday which was in a few weeks. What was I going to do for it, should I take her out to dinner, or give her a gift? What would she want?

I sighed, typing a few more words, turning in the assignment, and shutting my laptop. My phone began to vibrate, I looked down and saw a notification from an unknown number popped up.

Unknown
We need to talk about Dahlia.

Talk about Dahlia? What?

Me
Who is this?

Unknown
Oh, it's Gabby lol.

Gabby? Who is tha-? Wait never mind that's the friend from the drive-in. But why would she want to talk about Dahlia? Did something happen, why didn't Dahlia text me herself? I began to grow nervous as I texted her back.

Me
Oh. Well, what's up? Is everything alright, did something happen to her?

Gabby
No, nothing is wrong. Xavier and I just wanted to plan a small get-together for her birthday, we were just wondering if you wanted to help, that's all.

Me
Oh okay, you scared me for a second there lol. Yes, I would love to help plan it.

Gabby
Great. I'll text you the deets and send Xavier's number so you'll have it.

Me
Wait, how did you get my number?

Gabby
Looked in Dahlia's phone and found it ;)

I hearted her message and placed my phone down. I'm glad it's nothing serious and I'm also very grateful that she texted me because now I don't have to stress about doing something special by myself. I smiled and put my computer on the charger before going to take a shower.