FEBRUARY 14

February 14, 2024

"What does love and intimacy mean to you?" the prompt read.

Trin analyzed the prompt and what it meant. And then she started to write.

To me, intimacy means to show your affection. In sometimes, the smallest ways. To hold hands with your partner, or to spend time with your friends. The word has so many meanings. It's the time you take. It's the consideration you put into someone. And it's the way you make them feel. Love is an intense and ongoing  feeling of attachment. It makes you feel like you would do anything for that person. There are so many languages to it. Both of them are so complex to even put them into writing.

She folded the card and got up to go sit the paper on her professor's desk. It was sort of like an exit ticket. "Have a good one, Miss. Kyngston," the older woman said it to her. "You too," she said before leaving out of the large lecture room.

Jonah was sitting outside, waiting for her. She stood up and they started walking together. They started talking about random things until got outside of their building and went their separate ways to their cars.

She started her car and let it warm up a tad before she put on some music. She pulled out of the parking lot, making her way to her destination, home. She just wanted to take a nap until the love of her life made it home. It was already about 11:30 am, and she didn't know what time he would make it home.

She just thought about him. His smile, his hair, his skin, his body, everything about him.

Before long, she arrived at their apartment. She grabbed her tote bag from the passenger seat and her phone out of the middle console before making her way upstairs. When she arrived at the door, she unlocked it and opened it.

She smelled food and heard music. She instantly knew what was going on. As she made her way farther into the apartment, she saw rose petals and tea light candles on the floor. Tears stung her eyes ash she finally approached the kitchen.

There he was, standing with a big smile on his face. She instantly ran and jumped on him. He caught her in his arms and squeezed her tightly. "I missed you so much, Babygirl," he said. Tears of joy rolled down her face.

She lifted her face from the crook of his neck and faced him. "I missed you too, Baby," she said and kissed his lips. He kissed her back. She buried her fact in him neck, smelling his expensive cologne.

Her held her for a while. She just couldn't let go. That was their first time being away from each for that long. And maybe they did need some time individually. So that they would have time to miss each other.

They finally let each other go and Trin walked up to the bar counter where there were gifts and flowers were. She felt her tears of appreciation escape her eyes and roll down her cheeks. She turned back to him, looking at him stand there, hoping she would like it.

"Ace, I don't know what to say. This is so nice of you. Thank you so much," she said. He walked up to her, embracing her in another long hug, trying to fulfill their deprivation of touch.

"And I'm so glad you're back," she said. "Me too," he looked her in her eyes. He rubbed his thumb on her full, two toned lips and then on her deep dimples. He pressed his lips against hers, their lips sinking into each other.

Her breathing grew heavier as the kiss intensified. He rubbed her hips as he indulged so deeply into the kiss. Her arousal grew stronger, and her feeling of wanting him escalated.

He cuffed her thighs in his hands and lifted her up off of the ground, taking them both to the couch. Without pulling away from the kiss, he laid her on the couch, his torso fitting through her legs.

Her mind started racing.

He lifted from the kiss. "Can I?" he asked. She didn't know exactly what he meant, but she obliged. She nodded. A grin crept up on his face.

His plan was never go all the way out, just give her a bit of a preview.

Ace lifted her sweatshirt, revealing her black, front closure bra...

The way he touched her drove her crazy. He didn't even have to do anything spectacular. She just loved him and everything that came with him. She watched him do his thing to her. She feel even deeply in love with him.

She was growing more comfortable with him. She could trust him. Her guard was down and she wasn't ashamed...

***

"You look beautiful, Baby," Ace examined his girl in the beautiful red, backless dress as he allowed her to step out of the car. Her locs were pinned up in a gorgeous petal bun. Her brown skin stood out against the bright red color of the dress. She was stunning.

"Thank you. You look so handsome," she complimented him back, moving his loc out of his face. He smirked as he took hold of her hand and they walked into the restaurant.

They couldn't believe themselves. They were here, together. They were truly in love. For so long, they tried to fight the feeling of loving one another. They still didn't know why.

Do you ever know why you love someone? Or do you just love them and everything about them? Will you ever be able to explain it?

We never really think about it this way, but love in fact does give us power, strength. It gives us the ability to endure struggles. It makes us work hard. It helps us to be able to make sacrifices.

This love wasn't a mistake, although, we, as humans, tend to make a lot of those. Perhaps, this wasn't the doing of humans. Something brought these two people together, to be there for one another, to support one another.

God makes no mistakes...

___

This is late, and I am so sorry :)