sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 25

sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 25, 2023

5 days.

5 days of silence in their apartment.

There was no loud music that Trin played throughout the day. They didn't hear each other talking to anyone else, and they damn sure weren't talking to each other. There was no communication whatsoever and that wasn't like them.

Trin had channeled her inner nonchalance, and she convinced herself that she did not give a damn. The one time she tried to speak up about how she felt, he shut her down, so it would never happen again. Ever.

Ace worried about her throughout the day. He caught Ubers to and from work everyday since they last talked. He knew he couldn't text or call her when he worried sick about her because she simply wouldn't answer. He could barely focus on his work. Her location was the only thing that was keeping his sanity.

When she was home, she used her AirPods to listen to music. She didn't say a word unless she was talking to Jonah, her new girl friend. She cooked alone, cleaned alone, everything.

When he tried to help, he felt the tension and sensed that she didn't want to be around him. He felt like she was disgusted with him. He knew that he had fucked up this time, and big.

His jealousy got the best of him, as it always did. He was tearing his friendship apart all because he couldn't communicate like a man. He simply could've asked, "Who's that?" She wouldn't have minded to tell him that he was just a nice guy that she shot down. But he treated her as if she was in the wrong.

He had never truly loved someone like he did Trin. His possessiveness was taking over and it was tearing the two apart. And if it didn't come to a halt, perhaps their friendship would.
__

"Thanks, Man," he told the Uber driver and got out of the car. The car sped off and he began making his way up to the apartment. He looked over at Trin's parking spot and saw her get out of the car. She pretended she didn't see him and walked around to the back of the trunk.

Ace walked over to her car and around to the trunk as well. Without saying anything, he grabbed all of her bags without saying anything and she eyed him. Boy, ain't nobody tell you to do that shit, she thought in her mind.

She closed the trunk while he walked ahead of her up to the apartment. However, he waited for her to unlock the door. She did so, and he walked in before her. He immediately went to the kitchen and sat the bags down on the counter.

It was all of her supplies that she was using for her 14-day fruit fast. She was on her fitness journey and she would definitely be fine as hell by the summertime. Even though Ace and Jonah thought she couldn't get any finer.

It was all so she could be comfortable in her skin and feel more beautiful. She didn't think she was ugly nor much to look at, but everyone else noticed her beauty so easily.

She sat her keys down on the "foyer" table and walked to the livingroom and sat her purse down there. She walked into the kitchen and started to unload her bags. She had all types of vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

Ace eyed her as she maneuvered through the kitchen, feeling the stares. She had her AirPods in, but wasn't listening to anything. Her resting bitch face was making him feel things he shouldn't. The way her hair was styled in two strand twists, but she had a trucker cap on. The way the glasses she wore stood on her button nose. Omg.