ᴊᴜʟʏ 20

ᴊᴜʟʏ 20, 2023

"Here. You need some of this," Trin said trying to give Ace some black girl sunscreen. "No, I don't. Black folks don't use no damn sunscreen, Trin," Ace said.

They were at Six Flags for the first time. Neither one of them had set foot outside of Chicago, Illinois. It was hot as hell ou there and he had been refusing to put on sunscreen for 10 minutes.

She had gotten fed up to the point where she just grabbed his arm and started rubbing the stuff on his arm. "Trin!" he whined. It was some girls looking at him and she ruined his chances.

"Hush, Boy. Bend down," she said nonchalantly. "I can do it," he said, giving her a stank look. She returned the favor and gave him the sunscreen.

After putting the sunscreen on his face, he gave the sunscreen back to her. "Chapstick?" she asked. She acted just lil somebody's mom. Ace just looked at her and busted out laughing.

"What's funny?" she asked. She was genuinely confused. When he caught his breath, he said, "Nothing."

She put the chapstick back in her purse and the two young, free people walked further into the park. They saw all the big ass rides and people having fun. Two kids from the trenches. They wasn't used to shit.

"You wanna go on that one wimme? Or you scared? Lil Pussy," Ace asked Trin while pointing at the Drop of Doom. "Pussy?" she chuckled while looking at him with a shocked face. "Yup," he said.

"Yeah, nah. You're the pussy. I'll get on every ride in this bitch," she said with confidence in her tone. "Lies. Let's go get in the line and we'll see," he said. She nodded.

They made their way over to the ride and stood in the long line. There were people getting off when they got there, so they figured the line would move relatively quickly. Besides, they had all damn day.

"It's hot as fuck out here. I am so not used to this shit," Trin complained. "For real though," Ace seconded her complaint. They both had notice that a group of guys have gotten behind them in line.

"Oh, you must not be from out here, Lil mama," one of the niggas said. Both Ace and Trin looked behind them with a "what the fuck?" face. He was listening hard as hell, they both thought.

"Yeah, I'm not," she said. She wasn't gonna be mean to him. The guy nodded, Trin nodded. "So, where you from? If you don't mind me asking," the guy carried on. Ace and Trin looked at each other for a split second.

But Ace stayed facing forward. Trin was an adult and he knew that he couldn't go into defense mode everytime someone approached her. Even if he didn't like it.

"I'm from Chicago," Trin said when she turned around for the second time around. Please stop talking to me, she thought to herself. But then again, she thought about how she needed to meet new people. But did she really? All she needed was one friend.

"Ohh. I was just out there not too long ago. It's cool," he said. She did a slight smile while looking at him, trying to catch a glimpse of how he looked.

He was lightskinned, first red flag. He had braces and curls that stuck out of his hat. AND he was short. Definitely not her type.