sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 11

sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 11, 2023

"Miss. Kyngston!" the professor stated aloud in the quiet lecture room. Trin's head popped up from her iPad where she doodled Ace's face like a 13 year old fan girl and a smile on her face. "Ma'am?" she asked, embarrassed.

"You were the first to turn in your paper. Thanks, Hun," the older black lady said. A gasp of relief came from Trin's mouth. "Oh," she said quietly, "No problem?" she said even quieter. She quickly glanced around the room to see if people were looking at her. A few were.

Then she felt a brief tap on her shoulder. She turned in that direction. "You mind helping me with mine?" a girl whispered. Trin couldn't really tell if she was bullshitting or not, but she said, "Yeah, I can."

"Okay. I'ma get with you after class," the girl replied with a smile. Trin nodded with a grin. She really hoped this girl wasn't bullshitting with her. And the girl actually wasn't.

Shortly after, the class ended and everybody put their stuff away in their bags and were rolling up out of class. Trin finished packing up and stood up from her seat.

She would walk out slowly to see if the girl would actually come up to her or if she was really just trying to get a laugh out of her friends.

And to her surprise, the girl caught up to her as she walked out of class. "You was tryna leave me hanging, Girl?" the girl asked with a chuckle. Trin let out a small chuckle as well.

"My name is Jonah, nice to meet you, Gorgeous," she said with a smile, showing her dimples. "My name is Triniti, and it's nice to meet you too," Trin said.

"Girl, this paper is kicking my ass right now. I was hoping we could like sit down and talk about it or like FaceTime," Jonah said. Trin looked at the time in her phone. She didn't have to pick Ace up from work until 3 and it was currently about 12, so she could help her until then.

"We could do something now and then if you need any further assistance, we could FaceTime or meet up somewhere if you need some hands on help," Trin told the girl as they walked on the sidewalk. Jonah wrapped her arms around Trin, who didn't ideally like to be touched. "You are thee best!" she said.

Trin nervously chuckled. They then started to make their way to the Library.

***

"Wassup, Trin," Ace said as he got in the car. He grunted when he sat down. 10 hours on your feet is no joke. "Hey," she said without looking at him. She was so nervous around him now.

She still was not over the quick kiss that previously took place between the two. Hell, neither was he. She got butterflies everytime he walked into a room, she nervously smiled everytime he said something, and she would be nervous for every conversation they had.

He was her first kiss.

That sounds crazy, but Trin never gave anyone the satisfaction of even thinking about kissing her. She never gave anyone attention. And as stated before, she didn't like being touched, so no one could initiate a kiss. Especially someone she really didn't like. *Cough* Cash. *Cough*

It was different for Ace though. She melted in his touch. She always did.

And just like him, she had always fought her feelings for him. It wasn't until she really looked at him and his character that she realized her love for him wasn't just platonic. And like Ace, she felt temptations.