ᴀᴜɢᴜsᴛ 17

ᴀᴜɢᴜsᴛ 17, 2023

Ace had gotten up out of his bed and stretched. He opened his door and went across the hall to use the bathroom. After peeing, wiping his tip off, and washing his hands, he went back to his room.

He got his phone off of the bed and looked at the time to see that it was 1:00. He slid some shorts on and left out of the room. He went down the other hallway that led to Trin's room.

She wasn't in there, but he didn't know. He knocked on the door and when he didn't get an answer, he opened the door. He didn't see her, so he assumed she went to class.

He didn't know that she had gotten out of class early and was currently on the way home from buying a car.  He knew she was trying to get one, but he didn't know when. And she definitely wasn't telling him that she was going to get one.

They still hadn't talked. Well, it had only been a night, but still. They were really into it.

Ace kind of felt like she was overreacting. He was only talking shit, but he didn't do it at the right time. It was the complete wrong time. He knew he wasn't comfortable with the guy coming over when she asked him.

And then the outta pocket comment he made just set her all the way off. It was a joke to him, but it was serious to her. He just didn't consider the aftermath of what he said. I guess you could say he spoke before he thought.

Trin's body was so precious to her. She didn't like to be touched unless it was a simple hug. She wasn't physically affectionate. She would never have sex would someone in just a month's time of knowing them.

And she was mad because Ace was jealous. She was finally trying to flourish, and he was raining on her blooming.

Ever since she started talking to Cashton, there had been bumps in their friendship. Part of the reason being jealousy and the realization of feelings no one knew about once before.

Ace loved her and Trin loved him. They loved each other, but on one side, the love was no longer platonic. He was in love with her.

As much as he tried to fight it off, the feelings were there and they refused to be ignored. And he would never tell her. That would be a mess.

But the jealousy would kill their friendship. Especially if she didn't know where it was coming from and why it was present.

And because of the obvious, ongoing fight over jealousy and selfishness, things that shouldn't be an argument become one. For instance, Trin wanting to get a job. Why would that ever be an argument?

It only became what it was because of the underlying issue. Her and Cash, jealousy, and feelings that hasn't been addressed.

He shot her a quick text:

ᴛʀɪɴɴɴ🦋🤞🏾

wya?
1:05 ᴘᴍ

He waited a couple of minutes for a response, but it never came. She was petty like that. She definitely saw it.

She was on her way up to the apartment. She was so happy, she hoped he wouldn't ruin her mood by just being present. She had never felt so ill towards him, but he crossed the line this time. Out of the 6 years they had been friends, nothing like this ever happened.

When she go to the door, she unlocked it and opened it to walk in. Ace was on the couch when he heard her. She closed and locked the door behind her before walking further into the apartment and into the kitchen.

"Wassup. Where you been?" Ace asked. Trin grabbed a water from the fridge without responding. "Trin, I'm sorry," he said. "For what?" she asked. "For being a dickhead to you," he said.

"You know, I hate when people make assumptions about me. Especially you because you already how I am. I felt like you just slandered the fuck out of my character. And then you're so jealous for what?" she asked. He didn't say anything.

"That wasn't rhetorical, Ace," she said. "I'm not jealous. I just don't like him," he lied. Well, half of it was a lie. "See? How the fuck are we gonna grow if you keep on fucking lying? I'm not even gon waste my time talking to you," she said. "Wait! Wait! Trin, I..." he trailed off.

"You what?" she asked. "I...I just don't wanna see him hurt you. I want you to have other friends and all, but I don't want you talking to people that's not worth your time," he said.

"How would you know that though, Ace? You don't even know him," she said. "Trin, you don't even like that dude for real. Just say it! He bores you. He annoys you. You don't like him, you told me yourself," he said.

"I'm tryna give him a chance. You have to give people a chance," she said. "A month ain't long enough to realize if you do or don't like somebody?" he asked. "Look, I don't wanna fight with you. I just want the best for you. He ain't it," he said.

"I think it's about time that I make my own decisions and I figure out what's best for myself," she said. "What you saying?" he asked. "I just don't need you to watch me like a hawk anymore," she said.

"Trin, I-" he was cut off by her phone ringing. She looked at it and seen Cash's name. "I'm kinda in the middle of something," she said when she answered. "Alright. Call me back," he said and hung up the phone.

"You what?" she asked. "Nothing. Let's just squash this shit. Let's not fight no more," he said. He always wanted to just end the argument. "Then the jealousy has to stop," she said. "Done," he said.

"Alright. I bought a car," she said casually. She definitely successfully changed the subject this time. "Huh?!" he said in shock.

But in the back of his head, he still thought...
Trin, I love you.
___