ᴊᴜʟʏ 25

ᴊᴜʟʏ 30, 2023

Ace opened the front door to their apartment and closed it back behind him when he made it in. There was faint music playing and it smelled so good, so he figured Trin was here. But they hadn't really been on the best of terms lately.

It would probably blow over in a few days. Friends often have times when they just don't get along as much. It was fine.

But Ace had a bit of a jealousy issue going on.

Trin had been spending time with the boy she met at Six Flags. She went out with him about once or twice. And Ace just felt like that was moving a bit fast for her. She never even talked to people, so it shocked him that she was doing what she was doing.

He personally did not like the guy. Something about him was just shady. And since Trin didn't have much experience in the dating field, he was just scared that the guy would fuck over her and hurt her. The last thing he wanted was for Trin to get hurt.

Trin's guard was still up of course, but she felt like she had a little feeling for him. Of course it had only been about 2 weeks, but he was nice. He showed interest in her and what she likes to do.

So maybe Ace was wrong about the guy. Maybe he was genuinely and really liked Trin.

Trin felt like Ace was just over reacting because he had never seen her with anyone and he thought he never would. She lowkey felt like he was just telling her that she could never be with anyone, and of course that wasn't the case.

Ace was also upset because she cancelled one of their daily movie nights in order to go out with this guy that she barely knew. She was all of a sudden "prioritizing" Cashton over him and it had never been like that.

Trin just felt like the whole thing was stupid and hopefully it would blow over soon. They had to get along, they lived together, and they were bestfriends. They hated fighting.

So, Ace went to his room and kicked off his shoes and took off his vest. Then he left back out of the room to get a water from the fridge. And maybe to peak in on Trin to see what she was doing.

As always, she was doing type of creative shit. She was working on something for a client. Something that really wasn't in her comfort zone. It was just playful and cartoonish. Her style had always been realistic. Her art looked like photography.

Her business had been booming since they moved to Atlanta. She had gotten at least 20 clients in just a month. And she finally built up the confidence to up her prices. Clients didn't mind of course. Her art was majestic.

After Ace grabbed his water, he made his way down the hall and to Trin's door. He knocked and heard her give him the green light to open it.

He opened the door and saw the creative, chocolate girl sitting at her stool in front of her easel. She didn't lift her eyes from her work; she never did.

"You hungry?" he asked. She nodded. "What you tryna eat?" he asked. "It's up to you," she said. She really was never the type to care. She just ate whatever was good.

"You mad?" he asked. She shook her head. "Come on. Let's talk. Let's get some shit straight," he said. "Shoot," Trin said. She wasn't planning on stopping what she was doing.