ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 26

8 ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴀɢᴏ

A small girl by the name of Triniti, Triniti Soleil Kyngston to be exact, ran all the way from her elementary school to her run down Apartment in the most dangerous part of Chicago.

She was around 9 years old, 4 foot tall, and the cutest in the neighborhood. Everybody loved her. She could light the room up with her smile. And she was nice to everyone.

It was a Friday afternoon. ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 26ᴛʜ.

She'd painted a picture for my mom at school. For some reason, she loved going. Home wasn't a happy place for her.

Her dad was about 30 years old, worked his ass off to provide for his family, and an abusive drunk. Every night, he would come home late, reeking of alcohol.

Triniti would hear him drunkenly scream and yell at her mother, his wife. It was always the worst thing to hear. He would hit his wife and violate her in the worst ways possible.

But one thing about her mom, she would keep a smile on her face just for her babygirl. Triniti and her mom were bestfriends. She looked up to her mom. Trina was her name.

She was a gorgeous 28 year old woman. She had locs down her back and her brown skin always glowed.

Trina knew if she left Michael that she would have nowhere for her and her baby to go. After all, he'd made her cut all contact with her family. So, she stayed and worked hard to get her own things so she could have a better place for herself and her daughter.

Michael never wanted kids, but he wanted Trina...for a while.

On January 26th, Trina was finally able to get her own things. She and Triniti had their own and she was leaving her husband.

When she dropped Triniti off to school, she made her way back home. Michael hadn't come home that night and she figured her wouldn't be back that day. He would always leave for days at a time.

She started to pack the little things she and Triniti had. But, to her surprise, Michael came home. He caught her packing their bags.

Her plan was to pick Triniti up from school and they would leave. It didn't go as planned.

When he asked where she was going, she didn't respond. He grew angrier, but asked again.

And she told him that she and Triniti were leaving.

And that was the worst mistake of her life.

He struck her so hard that she fell to the floor with a thump. She didn't cry like she always did. Today was the day that she decided to stand her ground. And she got back on her feet and started to pack again.

Michael's eyes grew dark and he balled up his fists. He struck her again, this time her nose started to bleed.

This was the day that she was going to leave and be happy. She struck him back and his mind went black.

He was a strong, strong man.

He instantly picked her up by her neck and slammed her against the wall. She kicked and tried to fight back.

He punched her in her stomach as hard as he could repeatedly. So bad that she started to cough up blood.

He squeezed her neck tighter and tighter until she started to feel her breath leaving her body.

Her body started to fall limp, tears fell from her eyes, and her fight started to give up. And when he realized she was dying, he squeezed her neck tighter.

He felt satisfaction in choking her to death, so he smiled.

The last thing she saw was his smiling face. And she knew that she was defeated.

Her body was completely limp and her eyes were closed. She no longer had a pulse and her breathing stopped. Trina was dead.

He let her neck go and let her fall to the ground. He then started to unfasten her pants and pulled them down. He did the same to himself.

And there, in the middle of their bedroom, he assaulted her lifeless body.

And when he was finished, he got back up and sat on the bed. Her side of the bed.

He looked at her body on the floor and had no thoughts of remorse.

And he waited for Triniti to come home.

That Friday afternoon, on January 26th, she ran home after she found that her mother was not at her school to accompany her. She had the bright smile of her face, the one that was brighter than the sun, as her mom would tell her.

She painted a picture for her. And she had no idea that her life would pause there.

When she arrived home, she called out for Trina. She looked all over the small apartment and she started to cry when she couldn't get a response.

She walked into her parents' room. And there she saw her father, naked laying out on the bed, and her mother's lifeless body on the ground.

She called for her mother to wake up, but she never did. Triniti was a smart young girl. She fully understood that her mother was no longer alive.

She refrained from looking at her father. She knew he was naked.

She started to cry.

"Trin, don't start all that damn crying. Get up here."

"Why? Mama is dead and you're just laying there!"

"What that gotta do with me? Get yo ass up here before you be like her."

"No! Please, No!"

She would hear the bad things he would do to her mom. And she even saw it once. She knew what he was up to.

He stood up from the bed.

"Get yo ass over here! NOW!"

She was startled by his deep voice.

She knew she would have to run. She kissed her mother's cold face and left her painting by her. With tears in her eyes, she stood up.

She looked at her dad and then at the door. Michael knew she would go for the door.

And before she could, he got to her first.

And there was nothing she could do.

Triniti's life stopped. And this moment replayed in her heard for years.

This was when her storm made landfall. On January 26th, 2015.
__