ᴊᴜɴᴇ 4

ᴊᴜɴᴇ 3, 2023

"Where the fuck are you going?" Trin's aunt, Tomeca, asked with a puzzled look on her face. She also had Samiya in her arms. The baby looking just as confused as her aunt.

Trin was packing for her move to Atlanta. She was going to take all of her clothes, her painting materials, etc. Basically everything she had spent her own money on.

"I'm getting out of your hair," Trin said, not taking her focus off of her precise packing. She took the time to fold and make as much space for everything in each box. Trin had always been abnormally neat.

She just needed about 3 boxes for her clothes and one more for her painting supplies. She would need another for her shoes. And about 2 more for her art work and stuff.

"Oh, so now that you 18, you just do what the fuck you want?" Tomeca tried to start an argument. Trin wasn't bothered, so she didn't respond. She learned very quickly that everything didn't need a response.

"Okay. Well, hurry up and get the fuck out, Lil ungrateful bitch! I can't wait to see you get out there and fall flat on yo ass! You ain't shit without me or Zamara!" her aunt got loud.

It's never that serious, Boo, Trin thought to herself.

Without any words, Trin continued to pack with her music in the background. Her Tv would be the last thing to pack up.

Today was her day of relief. She wasn't tripping over what that wide silverback had said to her. She was relieving herself of the toxicity and abuse that she had endured for so many years.

She hated to leave Samiya, but she had to do what she had to do.

Her aunt stomped away with her little cousin. She's big mad when she was the one saying she had get out when she was 18 anyway. People will forever be strange.

Her and Ace had found a nice 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment in Atlanta. It definitely wasn't easy, but they did. It was close to her school and Ace would look for a job there.

They had already paid the rent 6 months ahead. It would give both of them time to find a job and get on their feet in their new environment.

Ace had raised $6,000 (keep in mind that no one set money aside for him like Trin) additional to Trin's $23,000, so it all worked out so well. They would look for furniture when they got there and do grocery shopping as well.

The apartment came with all of their essential appliances like a oven, washer and dryer, refrigerator, and microwave.

They would have to drive U-Haul to Atlanta, which they wish they didn't have to do, but they did. They would just return the truck to a U-Haul place in Atlanta.

So far, everything was working in their favor. God was pulling through for them.

***

"You ready to pack up, Trin? I'm outside with the truck," Ace said over the phone.

"Yeah. I just need to wrap my tv in bubble wrap real fast," she said. She would do that and then put it back in its original box. She kept the original box to everything.