ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 20

ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 20, 2023

"Bro, come chill with us this weekend. We know you new to the city and shit, so you really need to come chill with us," one of Ace's coworkers said before Ace got in his car.

Yes, he bought himself a car because Ubers weren't cutting it and Trin had to start staying late for class sometimes. Plus, he was about to start trade school. He was learning to be a truck driver.

"I'll think about it, Man. I'll text you when I decide though," he said. "Aight, Man," the coworker said and gave Ace a final handshake. Ace got into his 2020 all black Hyundai Elantra.

He would've typically thought it was "female" car, but he had to do what he had to do. It was just $323 a month, fully within his budget.

(I never mentioned what type of car Trin had. It's a 2021 Chevy Malibu.)

It had been really easy for them to get cars. Their credit was great, they had decent incomes. Life wasn't terrible. But it felt good for them to finally have their own. Those Ubers do add up, and to have them take you everywhere you need to go, it's expensive.

He started the car and waited for the heat to circulate throughout the car before pulling out of the parking spot. He didn't even feel like listening to music. His main focus was getting his ass home and get that facial he was promised. He had been thinking about it all day.

Lowkey gotta shit, he thought to himself.

And then he thought about how antisocial he had gotten since he moved away from Chicago. All he did was go to work and go back home. It had gotta to the point where he would just in Trin's room and watch her do whatever she was doing like she was a TV show.

She could be doing her hair, painting, drawing, anything was entertaining. Of course he would talk to his friends back in Chicago, but it wasn't the same.

They used to see each other everyday, hang out every weekend, etc. It wasn't like that anymore. It was like instantly matured after he graduated. All of a sudden, he was working a full time job, paying bills, and catching Family Feud after he got off of work.

It was different for Trin though.

The way he was just gliding home, it wasn't long before he pulled up into their apartment complex. The time had passed by so quickly.

He parked in his spot and made his way up to the apartment. When he got up to their door, he unlocked the door and step foot into the house. When he got in, he took his shoes off by the door and walked further into the apartment.

"Hi, Ace!" Trin said from her room. "Hey, Babygirl," he said. She came out of her room and Ace walked into the kitchen. She walked up behind him and hugged him from behind. His heart just melted.

Look at me being affectionate, she thought before he turned around and embraced her in a hug. She lifted her arms up and wrapped them around his neck and rubbed the back of his head. That only made him squeeze her tighter.

"You okay?" she asked. "Mhmm," he hummed. She was just so warm and cuddly. "You need to go get in the shower, so I can pamper you," she said lowly while still letting him hold her. "K," he said and inhaled her scent. She was just full of pure, positive energy.

He finally let go off her and started off to his room. He got his bonnet off of his dresser and threw that hoe on. He got the first lounge clothes he seen and then went to his bathroom that she had cleaned for him. He smiled at what she had done for him.

He learned that one of her love languages was acts of service. She loved doing things for him like cooking and cleaning up for him. He really was the bread winner of the house and she just liked doing things for him.

Ace started his shower at the hottest setting and stripped from his clothing. When he stepped in the shower, he just closed his eyes. He let the hot water shower down his bare, toned chest for a minute before washing himself.

And when he got done taking care of himself, he put the clothes on and stepped out of the steamy bathroom. And then he went to his room and put oil and deodorant on. He never put on much because he didn't like smelling so strong when he went to sleep.

Then he made his way out of his room and went to Trin's room. It was such a vibe in her room. She was sitting in her vanity chair by her bed and on her phone. When she saw him, she put her phone down and motioned for him to lay down in front of her.

But then she went to go wash her hands again. He laid down on his back, on her soft bed. When she came back, she sat back down and got started.

"So, how was work?" she asked. "It was cool. Some dudes asked me to hang out this weekend," he said. "Oh, okay. You should do that," she said while she steamed his face. "You think so?" he asked with a sort of shocked face. "Yeah. I know you be bored and shit in the house all day," she said. Truthful.

"Oh. Well, I'ma think about it. How was your day?" he asked. "Very chill and uneventful," she said. You would really think they were in their mid-20s by the way they acted.

"Trin, we really don't be doing shit. We act like 30 year olds," Ace said. "Well, we had to mature really quickly. Look at us straight outta highschool," she said. "You right. But we need to start doing shit. It's too much out here for us to keep doing the same shit," he said.

"I know this is going to sound really cliche, but I wanna go to Cascade. It looks fun," she said. Ace chuckled, "I'll take you on Friday." She smiled. "Ou! And I wanna go to the aquarium," she said. "I got you," Ace said, feeling himself start to wind down.

She rubbed and did whatever to his face. He was in heaven as the beautiful girl had her way with him.

Before long, they were no longer exchanging words. The soft Anita Baker's Sweet Love was the only sound you heard. Oh, and the light snores from Ace. However, there was a sense of security. She felt, and had been feeling, like something was changing. Her life was changing.

___