𖣔𝒞ℋ𝒜𝒫𝒯ℰℛ 𝒯ℋℛℰℰ𖣔

-🏴‍☠️-

-🏴‍☠️-

Out on the sea, a man stood on the mast of a boat, gazing ahead at the land of Port Royal.

He was a tall man with tanned skin, black eyes, long black dreadlocks, a moustache and a beard that was twisted into two braids. He wore a pirate hat with a red bandanna underneath, tan pants, a white shirt, a long overcoat and a belt that had a sword, a pistol, and a compass attached to it.

The man looked down and noticed his small boat was filling up with water. He quickly jumped down and began to scoop the water out with a bucket. He paused when he saw the skeletal remains of four pirates, still clad in buccaneer rags, hanging from gallows erected on a rocky promontory. There is a fifth, unoccupied gallow, bearing a sign: PIRATES- YE BE WARNED.

The man stepped back to the tillers and using a single sheet to control the sail, and the Jolly Mon comes around the promontory, the whole of Port Royal laid out before him. The huge British dreadnought, H.M.S. Dauntless dominated the bay. But the mans attention is on a different ship: the H.M.S. Interceptor, a small sleek vessel with rail guns and a mortar in the middle of the main deck. It is tied up at the Navy landing, at the base of the cliffs below Fort Charles.

-🏴‍☠️-

All the other sailors working at the docks paused what they were doing when they saw the man standing confidently on the mast of his boat as it slowly sank into the water. He approached the dock and smoothly, with no wasted movement, the man stepped onto the dock just as his boat sank into the water.

He strutted down the dock and passed the Harbourmaster that had a boy with him. The harbourmaster did a double take when he saw him pass and called out to him.

"It's a shilling for the dock space, and you're going to gave to give me your name." He said.

The tanned skinned man glanced at his sunken boat and looked over at the Harbourmaster. "What do you say to three shilling, and we forget the name?" He tossed three shillings onto the ledger. The harbourmaster considered it, then he shut the ledger on the coins, stepping aside.

"Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith."

'Mr. Smith' gave him a half-salute as he walked pass. He looked across the water towards the Interceptor and smiled. He went down a set of stairs, towards the dock, passing two soldiers, who spotted him, and immediately block his path.

"This dock is off-limits to civilians." The thinner of the two said.

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know. If I see one, I shall inform you." 'Mr. Smith' promised.

He went to get around the two soldiers, but they blocked his path again.

"Apparently, there's some high-toned and fancy to-do at the fort, eh? How could it be that two upstanding gentlemen such as yourselves did not merit an invitation?" 'Mr. Smith' asked.