EPILOGUE

3 Months Later

I can't believe I'll finally get to meet Laina's parents in person. I've seen them once in a while whenever they video call Laina but I never talked to them. I just don't feel like talking, that's all.

Many things happened this past 3 months. I've finally recovered from my injury, graduate highschool peacefully last month, finally got that bastard imprisoned for good with a few beatings from Laina though I don't think it was a light beating but I don't care. Raven doesn't usually take over now and when I asked the reason why she insisted that I should go live my life because I deserve to be happy for good. But she also told me that she will always be there to step up and protect her whenever I need her and I'll be forever grateful for everything she's done for me. And lastly, I also quit my job which Laina requested, saying that I shouldn't worry about money anymore since I have her. I'm not exactly thrilled to stop working but I'll just let her do what she wish and because I quit my job everyone in the bistro officially became my friends. Feels kinda nice and refreshing to regard them as friends and not co-workers or boss. Laina also took me to endless dates during these past 3 months which is already expected considering she's the romantic type of person.

Looking at myself in the mirror I can clearly see the difference now. My eyes looked more alive and bright now especially now that my hair isn't covering most of my face anymore after Laina took me to the salon to cut my hair. And my skin that I always keep hidden underneath baggy clothes is a bit clearer than before and although there are still visible scars in some parts of my body, there are no more bruises left so showing a bit of skin doesn't bother me that much anymore.

I'm actually wearing a gray long sleeve turtlenecked crop top, tight black high waist jeans and boots. These clothes are actually one of the gifts which the twins gave me back then. At first I was skeptical and hesitant to wear these type of clothes since I don't exactly wear these but eventually I started getting myself used to wearing clothes like this. It's fine now but I still like baggy clothes more.

The door opened and I saw Laina's awestruck face through the mirror as she stares at me. If she's that impressed with my looks then she should see herself. She's wearing plain white shirt with a black coat over her shoulders, khaki pants and white shoes. She's wearing the sunglasses she wore last time. She never fails to look her best and also never fails to impress me.

Laina walked towards me and embraced me from behind. "Breathtaking as always" she said kissing my shoulder.

"So are you" I said turning around and wrapped my arms around her neck.

"You're still the one who looks the best" she insisted causing me to roll my eyes. "Don't try to argue with me on that" she added giving me a short passionate kiss in the lips.

"I wouldn't dare" I replied sarcastically. She smiled which made me roll my eyes again.

"You're adorable. Let's go" she said and we made our way to her car.

The drive all the way to Laina's house is filled with short yet sweet talks which mostly came from Laina. She's a lot more affectionate and sweeter as days goes by and honestly I'm having trouble keeping up. I wanted to do the same but sometimes I still can't help but hesitate. It's not like Laina is displeased or anything with my lack of affection. It's just that I don't want her to feel that I don't love her the way she do. So I'm trying as best as I could to show my affection to her.

When we arrived at her parent's house there was already a butler waiting outside the door to greet and accompany us inside. I know Laina's family is filthy rich but it still amazes me to see how wealthy they are. Laina is holding my hand as we made our way to the dining room where both her parents are already sitting there and waiting for our arrival.