CHAPTER 9

My face twisted in annoyance when I entered the principal's office. The principal's smiling face didn't ease my annoyance one bit. I'm so tired of this now. She's been calling me almost everyday to the point that I'm starting to consider skipping school. No matter how hard I tried to avoid and insult her, she still won't stop bothering me. What exactly is wrong with this woman? She clearly doesn't know when to give up.

"I'm leaving" I quickly said making my way back to the door.

"Wait Dawn. Will you please sit down first" she begged. "I just need your help arranging some files"

"You could've asked someone else. I don't see any reason why you should ask for my help specifically or perhaps this is another one of your excuses so that you could talk to me"

There was a brief silence and I thought it was a sign for me to leave but I was proven wrong. "Excuses or not you still have to obey me since I'm technically still the principal of this school."

Oh now I see where this is going. She's using her position now to corner and force answers out of me. Glad that she's finally showing her true colors. I shouldn't have expected something from her. In the end she's just like everyone in this wretched school.

I turned around then looked straight in her eyes. I thought she was different but I was stupid to believe that. As if reading my thoughts the principal walked up to me but I quickly stepped back. "What do I need to do? So I can get it over and leave"

"Dawn"

"What Do I Need To Do?" I asked again stressing my words, trying hard not to yell.

She sighed in defeat "please arrange all these files alphabetically" she gestured the files piling on top of her table.

I walked passed her and immediately started to work. The principal eventually went back to her chair to do her own work. None of us spoke for a while but I have a feeling that the principal will start a conversation any minute now.

"I didn't mean to use my position as the principal a while ago. It's just that I genuinely wanted to talk and get to know you if only you wouldn't avoid me" I knew she can't keep herself quiet for a long time.

"Can we not talk?" I said arranging the files. "I don't want to hear whatever excuses you have to say"

"Why do you have to be this stubborn Dawn? I'm not your enemy"

"Aren't you suppose to take my stubbornness as a sign for you to give up reaching out to me? And it's not about whether you're my enemy or not. I just simply don't want anything to do with you or anyone here in school" I said clenching my fists.

"Please calm down. I just really want to talk to you" she said as gentle as possible.

I glanced cautiously at her before letting out a breath. For once I realized how exhausting it is to argue and push her all the time. No matter how hard I push her away I know deep down she won't stop reaching out to me and its infuriating how repetitive everything are.

There were no words left for me to say and instead of wasting all my breath from getting angry, for now I'd rather stay silent though it doesn't mean I'm fully acknowledging her. I just think that it's starting to feel pointless whenever I reject this woman who doesn't know the word give up.

"Whatever" I replied. What I said caught the principal off guard. It's because I neither rejected nor acknowledged her wish to talk to me. I even caught how her face brightened. Seeing how happy she is even when I didn't exactly agree to her wishes somehow made me uncomfortable. Why would she be this happy when I didn't even do anything? She's really a weird woman.