CHAPTER 23

Principal Williams POV

I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket so I immediately fished it out and pressed the answer button. "Found him" Nathan said.

"That was fast"

"You know how I work. So are you going to see him right away?"

"I can't" I sighed. "My parents demanded me not to leave the house for a week as compensation for what we did"

He chuckled from the other line. "So basically you're grounded. You're like what, 27 already now yet here you are being grounded by your parents"

I rolled my eyes as I can clearly imagine the smirk plastered in his face. "Yeah. Whatever."

"Are you really fine with that? You left your girl hanging for days and now this happened. Aren't you like ruining the remaining chances you have left with her?" this made me pinch the bridge of my nose, I can feel a vertigo threatening to rise up. "If I were you I'll bust out of there and go to her. A few disappointments from your parents won't kill you"

"But-"

"If you keep acting like a jerk I'll steal her away from you"

"Nathan!!" I yelled gripping my phone tightly which made him chuckle in delight.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Not exactly me though but someone might. You'll never know."

Immediately the people at the bistro flashed in my mind. If they knew what I did there's a tendency that they'll take Dawn away from me.

What if she is no longer there when I get back? What if they already took her somewhere far?

No, no. I won't let that happen.

Nathan called my name but I ended the call as I dashed out of my room. Mom and dad were downstairs went I got there but I didn't bother to stop. "Where are you going?" mom demanded.

I stopped and faced them. Mom's stern look remained in her face indicating that she's still angry while dad just looked at me. "I'm going back"

"Have you forgotten what we talked about?"

"I don't care. I need to go back to her. She needs me" I said raising my voice which I've never done in my life so it's understandable how shock my parents are.

Mom's gray eyes looked at me in disbelief. "You've never been this stubborn before. Is she really that important to you?"

"So much more important" I said looking straight in mom's eyes.

"No wonder you divorced Nathan so easily" mom pinched the bridge of her nose as she shakes her head. "It would've been better if you did something gallant like this back then" she sighed looking at me then to dad.

"Well how can I when I don't have anyone special to me during that time" I muttered.

Dad's brown eyes flashed in amusement as he run his fingers through his black hair. "You've grown up now. Seeing how willing you are to go in such great lengths just for this person"

"That person is still your daughter's student" mom argued to dad.

Dad chuckled and hugged mom "that's not the main issue here honey and besides our daughter is not a kid anymore. She knows what to do. We're too old to be making a huge fuss out of this. Let her do what she wants" dad said planting a kiss on mom's short black hair.

Mom let out a sigh of defeat then she faced me. "You better settle this Laina. We'll discuss further matters once you've properly introduced this girl to us" mom said and I can't help but smile as I run up to them and hugged them.