CHAPTER 39

Raven's POV

Dawn! Dawn!! Dawn!!!

I kept calling her name but there was no response. After she pushed me back and endured all those beatings, I've been having a hard time reaching out to her. I don't have any idea why she didn't let me take over when that bastard beat her up and even tried to kill her. He's a psycho. Honestly I hope he burns to hell.

Why did Dawn do that? It was suppose to be me who should have been beaten up. Why did she have to protect me??

I waited and waited for any signs or response from Dawn but nothing came. It's like she just disappeared and frankly speaking it's starting to worry me to death. Most of the time I could feel her presence no matter what but after she lost consciousness Dawn never came back. She is supposed to be the one who is awake now and not me.

All I remember during those times when Dawn was unconscious was emptiness. Everything was deafeningly silent that it almost made me lost my mind. The hours or days I felt stuck in there was completely broken when I felt a sharp and excruciating pain on my shoulder. I knew that Dawn was stabbed just below her shoulder but why did I just feel this now? It didn't end there though because soon after my face as well as entire body ached and throbbed. Don't tell me that Dawn has been enduring all these all this time? This feels like hell and it almost suffocating.

I struggled to catch my breath but it only intensified and the next thing I knew I was wide awake when I gasped for air. My eyes were momentarily foggy causing my heartbeat to skyrocket. The first thing that popped in my head was Dawn. I still can't feel her. Why can't I feel her?

I can't help but be in complete panic. The principal tried to take my hand but I quickly brushed it off. I'm not Dawn that she can just freely touch. She may be Dawn's lover but that doesn't mean we're buddies now. I'm not saying I'm against her but we're also not that closely acquainted to be called friends.

Assistant manager was the one who made me stay still. I noticed the twins staring at me like they want to hug me but are hesitating due to my injury. Manager gave a relieved smile and light nod.

The doctors then came in to examine me. They said that I'm going to be fine now since I've woken up. All I need is plenty of rest and eat foods for my fast recovery. My body still hurts like hell especially my shoulder but I know that I'm going to be fine. The real question is Dawn. I don't know when she'll come back.

No!! I shouldn't worry too much, I'm sure eventually she'll return. For now I'll just focus with our recovery for her sake.

I wanted to sit up since my body felt like cement from the lack of movement for being in a coma for 3 days straight, that was according to assistant manager. They've been watching over me along with the principal and her friend. I wasn't expecting to be out of it for a couple of days. Maybe that's the reason I was pushed back out, it's because Dawn isn't able to wake up. I suddenly have a bad feeling about this.

Assistant manager tried talking to me. Asking how I feel and if I was hurt anywhere else but all I could respond is either a yes or no. My mind is simply wondering somewhere else that I can't focus on the words that are coming out of their mouth. They kept talking and bombarding me with endless questions.

I turned to my side to avoid them only to make eye contact with the principal. She looked like she's about to cry. Worry and relief are flashing in her eyes though I can't do anything about it because I'm not Dawn. But I'll talk to her later. I'm sure she has a lot of questions as well and so do I.

My attention was then diverted towards the man behind her. I know that he formally introduced himself to Dawn but this is probably the first time I got to see him in person. He was looking intently at me, but that was all there is to it.