CHAPTER 30

His ruthless eyes glaring sharply like a knife as he beats up my body mercilessly. The pain is too much to the point that I can't even pinpoint anymore where it exactly hurts the most. It's like my entire body is aching and throbbing. My bones and flesh feels battered and damaged. The pain is excruciating and I wanted to scream yet I seem to have lost my voice. No matter how hard I try no sound came out of my mouth.

I don't know what to do. It's suffocating and scary. I panicked and my body froze the moment he lunged back at me.

My eyes shot open and I gasped for air. I panted as I hold my throat worried that I have permanently lost my voice. Sweat tickled down my forehead along with a few stray of tears flowing down my cheeks. My heart won't stop from pounding and my body kept trembling. My body still feels a bit feverish which means my fever isn't completely gone. My stomach isn't throbbing for now so at least I don't have another problem to worry about. Still that didn't lessen the horrible pain I'm feeling.

I wrapped my arms tightly around myself then pulled my knees up to my chest as I buried my face on my knees. My heart still won't calm down and it's making it hard for me to breathe. It's not helping that the room is now filled with deafening silence. The only thing I can hear is the loud beating in my chest. I've never experienced this kind of nightmare. I thought I'll be fine with him not around here anymore but he's just like a ghost that keeps haunting me. That bastard doesn't plan to give me any rest.

I was so caught up with my thoughts that I didn't notice right away that someone is hugging me. It feel comforting and soothing like I've just been enveloped in a warm and cozy blanket. I raised my head and was immediately greeted by the principal's gentle face. "I'm here now" she cooed holding me gingerly in her arms and showering my face with tender kisses. Having her here immediately calmed me and my heart that was pounding like crazy a while ago has finally settled down now. "It's just a nightmare" she added. Yes it was only a nightmare but the things I've experienced are way worse than a nightmare.

"Thank you"

She smiled sweetly and kissed my nose. She's overly affectionate today. Perhaps she's hoping I'll forget what she did? I don't think so. "How do you feel?"

"Horrible" I deadpanned. She chuckled which made me roll my eyes. "Glad you find this amusing" I commented sarcastically.

She tilted her head to the side and tried to feign ignorance. "I never find seeing you in pain amusing" she said with a coy smile.

I can't help but shake my head. The sugary honey dripping in her words are too much for me to handle. I still can't get used to sappy things. "You can let go now since it's getting hot"

The principal immediately let me go though she remained seated on the bedside while staring at me. "Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?"

"No. Don't think we'll be fine just like that"

"I know that, I'm just checking" she smiled.

Looking at her made me release a slow breath. She's back to her annoying yet cute attitude again. "Can you stop staring? It's uncomfortable"

"Can't. I missed you too much to even dare look away"

I groaned when she didn't even try to stop what she's doing so my right hand moved and covered her eyes. "Stop. Just stop" I said cringing.

She chuckled taking my hand and holding it. "You should start getting used to these" she said softly, planting a tender kiss on the wound in my wrist. "Never do something like this again" she stared at me and I almost stopped breathing from her intense gaze. It almost looked like she's seducing me.